OP
C

Campy10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never dump water the LFS in my tank. I see everyone that recommending QT and new livestock. Now folks are telling me to just put the livestock right into my DT. I don’t want to infect any of my existing livestock.

The sg in my DT is 1.026. The sg with the trigger was 1.023. I adjusted the QT to 1.023.

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never dump water the LFS in my tank. I see everyone that recommending QT and new livestock. Now folks are telling me to just put the livestock right into my DT. I don’t want to infect any of my existing livestock.

The sg in my DT is 1.026. The sg with the trigger was 1.023. I adjusted the QT to 1.023.
NO QT all fish but with a larger clown trigger transfer him into a container of DT tank water and put him in .The larger ones you can tell if there is a problem just from looks . If there is a visible problem then treat it if not drop him in and only him this way. small and tiny Clown Triggers DO NOT Do well in QT and generally don't make the treatments if there is a problem .

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's really no need to start another debate "to qt" "not to qt", it will be futile. But to say you can look at any fish and tell whether it has no potential issue, is just wrong. If you have the means and patience, you will be better off to at least do an observational qt. The fact is disease is at epidemic proportions, at the very least treatment for internal parasites and a month observation period would do you well. Treating a display tank or potentially losing everything will not be a good time. I qt'd a fish from divers den for a month, and when it went into the display, it started a velvet outbreak, I lost everything but an eel. Suppliers suppress disease with drug cocktails and low sg, it is a great risk unless you really know your source, and even then?

OP
OP
C

Campy10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found another clown trigger and have had him in my QT for 3 weeks now. He seems supper healthy and eats everything including nori. I have not treated him with anything just observing him. How long should I keep him in QT. I have been adjusting salinity slowly to match my DT and it’s pretty close.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found another clown trigger and have had him in my QT for 3 weeks now. He seems supper healthy and eats everything including nori. I have not treated him with anything just observing him. How long should I keep him in QT. I have been adjusting salinity slowly to match my DT and it’s pretty close.

You'll get alot of answers, if my fish are doing really well, I'll get them into the dt after 4 weeks. I highly recommend treating him for internal parasites, it's so common, it's more common they have have them than not. With him eating it's pretty easy, mix a seachem focus/ metro blend into his food, and feed for a week.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the loss of a very pretty fish . I can only hope this one makes it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 85 76.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back