QT paying off

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since going fallow for velvet and saving 6 of 10 fish thanks to this site and the research by Humblefish, we just added the 2 remainig fish we kept ( 4 damsels went to a LFS ) and this is the first set of fish to go through our new Quarentine process and 1 of the 2 clowns didnt make it even through the first few hours.

Once acclimated through drip process it was swimming straight up and down head up, and looked to me as if it had brook. I can't be sure as the other clown is %100 and happy. I'm not worried getting anything into the DT as the 1 remaining clown will be going through the gaumet just to be safe.

I just want to see what you guys think about the skin on the fish and its peeling as I dont want to treat for what I dont have to.

I only had the fish for a total of 3 hours from acclimating to death.

The store I got it from is a well respected shop in the area and hypos all their fish and treats with copper.

The owner thought it got injured some how as it was swimming head up vertically. However he is concerned about the skin of the fish and its possibility of it being brook as he has several clowns together in the tank they came from so in theory they would all have it. But none of his fish show signs....although wouldn't hypo slow this down and hide signs? Possible???

QT is cycled and has PVC in it with HOB filter filled with biomedia.

Thanks in advance guys!

Screenshot_20200117-205305_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20200117-205316_Gallery.jpg

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Peeling skin"= brooklynella

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"Peeling skin"= brooklynella
This is my thought as well.....but wouldnt the clown it came with have it also? I have not treated him yet nor changed the tank he was in with the sick fish.

I should have added in my first post we added them 1 week ago.... This info might help I apologize.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back