Qt wrasses?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed first round of prazi last night. Should I do water change tonight or tomorrow? How much is good 29 g qt
It doesn't need to be that significant of a water change. The water change is for excess nutrients or from toxins released by dying flatworms. That is a bigger concern in a dt where there is more worm life and not as big of a concern in qt.

That being said, water changes are never a bad idea.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question. Is it normal for the wrasses to hide out more? Since dosing they have called it the night much earlier. Just got home from work and one is already gone. I'm assuming she went to bed

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question. Is it normal for the wrasses to hide out more? Since dosing they have called it the night much earlier. Just got home from work and one is already gone. I'm assuming she went to bed
I haven't had leopard wrasses behave that way from medicine.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no signs of the other wrasse. Could it be possibility she passed while under the sandbed?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did some research . I respect all your efforts to intro this fish . When one see's a stunning beauty & the price if low Makes one wonder. I gather these guys are pod eaters? Maybe not like a mandarin but can be trained to eat other meaty foods? Do You have a long term diet in mind? I'm working on a 180 FO setup & far from ready for a fish like this . I'm curious is all . Thanks

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seeded the qt with pods to make sure they some live food when first introduced. The kind folks here helped me outline a plan. Purchased some nutramar ova, frozen cyclops, and blood worms. Already had mysis, brine, and lrs on hand. Idea was to start introducing some ova, and cyclops to entice them to eat frozen. Took a couple of days to gain any interest. Once that happened I started adding some brine and blood worms. One took a liking to brine quickly, and one has a liking for blood worms.
Hoping by the time qt period is done they are really going after it. Each day that was going by they seemed more interested in frozen. Now I'm into a little over a week I started prazi treatment. Behavior has changed and one has been mia since.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no signs of the other wrasse. Could it be possibility she passed while under the sandbed?
Burying wrasses rarely pass under the sand. They almost always come out to die.

I wonder if it was infested badly and it is not feeling well due to parasite die off. If they aren't feeling well then that could explain the extended burying.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the missing wrasse. She didn't make it unfortunately. Doing a water change this morning and found her tucked away behind the bowl. Third and last wrasse has not made a showing today. Am I doing something wrong?

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I appreciate all the help. Last one may of decided to stay in today? Not really feeling confident but do not see her laying anywhere in the tank.

Back