OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All three have now crashed. Last one chose to wedge itself between a piece of pvc and glass wall. Is it unusual for them to not go into the sand?

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All three have now crashed. Last one chose to wedge itself between a piece of pvc and glass wall. Is it unusual for them to not go into the sand?
The first couple of days its not unusual for them to not go into the sand. Some do and others it takes a few days before the realize where it is. Their immediate reaction is to try and go straight down into the bottom of the tank, they'll find the sand eventually.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like they all made into the sand sometime last night
They may stay for a day or a week, this is normal behavior for leopards.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two made it out today. Noticed the first one around 2:30pm the 2nd around 5. Canary wrasse showed up around 6. Canary took the mysis but not concerned about him eating. Did see one leopard take a piece of mysis but spit it out. They all are still picking off pods

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the fish have been out and about for three days now. One leopard is picking frozen Cyclops from the water column. Other two I haven't seen them do that yet. They might be picking them once they settle somewhere. Not sure if it's that or live pods

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the fish have been out and about for three days now. One leopard is picking frozen Cyclops from the water column. Other two I haven't seen them do that yet. They might be picking them once they settle somewhere. Not sure if it's that or live pods
Thats great to hear! In my experience, when one leopard eats something the other will catch on. They seem to learn from one another. I would give it a few more days of them eating and putting some weight back on then begin with prazipro. I like to break the dosage into 3-4 smaller one throughout that day instead of dosing all of it at once.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be gaining confidence. They aren't trying to hide as I walk up.
I break up prazi dosage. Thanks again for all your help

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't break up the prazi dosage. Prazi breaks down very quickly, unlike copper which stays in solution. So prazi can't be gradually worked up because it will break down and not be at effective levels to eliminate parasitic worms.

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't break up the prazi dosage. Prazi breaks down very quickly, unlike copper which stays in solution. So prazi can't be gradually worked up because it will break down and not be at effective levels to eliminate parasitic worms.
Even if you break up the full dosage over 8-12 hours? I know it breaks down quickly but any prazi dosed to the tank will be active for 24hrs so you still get the same effect.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if you break up the full dosage over 8-12 hours? I know it breaks down quickly but any prazi dosed to the tank will be active for 24hrs so you still get the same effect.
If you're breaking it up over hours and not days, yes that's fine. But prazi is very gentle on fish, so there isn't any benefit to doing so, and your cutting some of the time of it's effectiveness for any eggs that may hatch at the tail end of the dosage.

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if it is time to start prazi? One leopard is eating brine. The other two still aren't. they are picking frozen cyclops but I have yet see them eat any brine. I noticed the one that does eat brine was also doing some scratching yesterday

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found one of the gals like this this morning.
Thought they all were doing good...sad

20180211_101926.jpg

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks salty. She was the one that didn't look so hot when I first got them. Was eating but not like the other two. I was just shocked to find her like this though

OP
OP
reefndude

reefndude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed first round of prazi last night. Should I do water change tonight or tomorrow? How much is good 29 g qt

Back