qt

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey
i am planning on putting my clownfish and damsels and powder tang on qt since i noticed white spots on my clownfish and very little discoloration on my domino damsel and powder tang seems to be a little stressed but both powder tang and domino are eating but not the clownfish so i want to put them in my qt tank but my salinity in my display is 1.024 and my qt in at 1.021 whats the best way to transfer them and also very 2-3 days i add freshwater to top of and i also add a little prime to remove cholrine ( i am using filtered water but i put prime just in case) but i am not sure how will i be able to add freshwater( with prime) when i am going to be using copper?
any advices

E8499747-9B14-47BD-837E-BF710745032A.jpeg

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See this thread, it might help:

OP
OP
F

FAHADREEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See this thread, it might help:

tbh i dont feel comfortable doing hypo-salinity just because how much i failed and just cant seem to do it right also my dt is filled with corals and anemones i can just start lowering it i want to use the copper method and want to out my fish in qt both qt and dt have the same temp just different salinities but my concern is when i am start dosing copper i cant add prime because of copper but i usally will add a drop of prime to my freshwater top of ( i am not using tap water just incase) how can i do that?

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I don't know... I'm not really an expert on fish disease... Just thought I would share since no one else replied yet. I've never used Prime before so I am unsure. If you're not using Tap water, and you're using RO/DI water, I would say not to use the Prime, but I don't want to tell you something that you're uncomfortable with. If you do Hyposalinity, you don't need to dose copper, so then you can still use prime... But if you definitely want to do copper, your only option is to not use Prime... right?? So... I think you have a choice to make

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I don't know... I'm not really an expert on fish disease... Just thought I would share since no one else replied yet. I've never used Prime before so I am unsure. If you're not using Tap water, and you're using RO/DI water, I would say not to use the Prime, but I don't want to tell you something that you're uncomfortable with. If you do Hyposalinity, you don't need to dose copper, so then you can still use prime... But if you definitely want to do copper, your only option is to not use Prime... right?? So... I think you have a choice to make
I've been looking into this as I don't know how comfortable I feel with using copper for quarantine yet... do you QT without it? (With new fish as a preventative before adding to DT?)

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking into this as I don't know how comfortable I feel with using copper for quarantine yet... do you QT without it? (With new fish as a preventative before adding to DT?)
I don't QT personally, I buy from places that have known good QT practices (My LFS's mostly), I do set up hospital tanks in an emergency though, but for that, I'm using whatever medication is necessary, some containing copper, some not.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back