Quarantine corals for fishless tank?

Silent reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting up a fishless tank, corals and cuc only. How long do you need to quarantine your corals / cuc before adding them to the DT?

I've been reading about 76 days in qt to eliminate all strains of ich, but what if you don't have to worry about ich or other fish diseases?

wlucks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wil be qt my corals just because I want to make sure there are no pests and that they are over their time shipping. I have deep tanks so the last thing I want to do is go fishing for things at the bottom

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Always Qt my corals- So far I have caught and prevented Asterina starfish, aiptasia, black bugs and vermatid snails and I’m sure more that I can’t remember. My tank did have a fish at one point and at that time I did the full 76 days but my tank has been just inverts and corals for a while now So I just do a month or two.

My two coral qt’s have proven their weight in gold, I can’t imagine what state my tank would be in without them.

bark1ngspider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I do qt if I see any pests but haven’t yet and only dip.....my lfs is coral only and do it out of greenhouse and pre qt the corals in a separate tank before selling but yes qt!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back