Quarantine tank requirements

  • Thread starter Thread starter swany82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

swany82

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2014
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef2Reef peeps,

This is my first post in r2r!.... After losing one of my favorite fish (male Lyretail anthias) over the weekend, I'm finally conceding that I should have had a quarantine tank awhile ago. Never really had issues with diseases in any of the DTs I've kept so guess I just didn't see the need.... So, what is the standard setup required for a quarantine tank, equipment, parameters, maintanance, standard therapies needed....?
 
Thanks a lot Kworker. That helps out a lot. My main questions were about the light and what type of filter to use. You addressed both of those topics so I think I'll go ahead with setting one up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new