OP
OP
Heavymman

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Have you started a build thread for your DT. I'd love to check it out if you have.
Thanks man, not yet... I have to plumb it next week. I might start the build thread then. I have dry rock curing in the basement now and still trying to figure out where I’m putting my coral/invert QT / frag tank lol.... how about you, you have a build thread?

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man, not yet... I have to plumb it next week. I might start the build thread then. I have dry rock curing in the basement now and still trying to figure out where I’m putting my coral/invert QT / frag tank lol.... how about you, you have a build thread?
Yeah, I'll have my upgraded tank up by next weekend. The last of the things I needed were ordered and will arrive Tuesday and Wednesday.

What size are you going?

Here is what I've got so far:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/120-planet-aquarium-build.458000/

OP
OP
Heavymman

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I'll have my upgraded tank up by next weekend. The last of the things I needed were ordered and will arrive Tuesday and Wednesday.

What size are you going?

Here is what I've got so far:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/120-planet-aquarium-build.458000/
I have been out of the hobby since ~2008 but I wanted to get a tank for my daughter. I used to have a successful 28g jbj nano that I did well with so I was going to do something similar. I got real lucky though, the tank came in pieces lol and someone of the forum posted a 60 gallon custom cube for sale for around the same price. So that’s what I will be setting up, I am very happy it has a sump, I wanted a clean look for the living room.
2ECE481B-17F7-4645-ACAE-A81F09E0C60D.jpeg

1D1750C9-E588-4A80-B826-7481DB4F1269.jpeg

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twice the volume. Can't beat that. I got back in this February and had my old 29 gallon marineland cube in the shed. Just pulled it out and ordered a sump to upgrade the filtration. Same reason (didn't want much in the tank to distract.
IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

These were from the initial setup in february.
Since setting it up I've put several fish through QT. Lightning maroon clown was first. Quickly decided to go with a 120 and started getting fish QT'd for it once it's ready. Currently between my QT and DT I've got 7 fish. The clown, Picasso trigger, juv. Koran angel, PBT, and 3 molly miller blennies that I hand collected in Galveston this summer. And 16 2.5"-3" hermit crabs and 4 same size snails also from Galveston. Really ready to get the tank going so they can spread out and get comfortable. Not sure what I'll do with crabs and snails once I move over as I wasn't planning on anything but fish. Once the trigger gets bigger he'll tear em apart. Right now they hold their own with the size they are.
IMG_1703.JPG

Here is a pic of the current tank (I hate that this new build has taken longer than expected and that the PBT couldn't go straight to the 120 but he is disease free and eating frozen meaty foods and nori from the clip).

Below is an exoskeleton from one of the crabs I got at Galveston beach after it shed.
IMG_1839.JPG

OP
OP
Heavymman

Heavymman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twice the volume. Can't beat that. I got back in this February and had my old 29 gallon marineland cube in the shed. Just pulled it out and ordered a sump to upgrade the filtration. Same reason (didn't want much in the tank to distract.
IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

These were from the initial setup in february.
Since setting it up I've put several fish through QT. Lightning maroon clown was first. Quickly decided to go with a 120 and started getting fish QT'd for it once it's ready. Currently between my QT and DT I've got 7 fish. The clown, Picasso trigger, juv. Koran angel, PBT, and 3 molly miller blennies that I hand collected in Galveston this summer. And 16 2.5"-3" hermit crabs and 4 same size snails also from Galveston. Really ready to get the tank going so they can spread out and get comfortable. Not sure what I'll do with crabs and snails once I move over as I wasn't planning on anything but fish. Once the trigger gets bigger he'll tear em apart. Right now they hold their own with the size they are.
IMG_1703.JPG

Here is a pic of the current tank (I hate that this new build has taken longer than expected and that the PBT couldn't go straight to the 120 but he is disease free and eating frozen meaty foods and nori from the clip).

Below is an exoskeleton from one of the crabs I got at Galveston beach after it shed.
IMG_1839.JPG
That’s awesome man! FYI, this is the best thing I’ve done so far, the saltwater mixing station. It makes me want to do a 250 + when I get my basement finished.

4AD91B86-51A6-4309-BFE1-8A6AB1D96E4A.jpeg

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is pretty sweet! A mixing station is in the plans for me as well. It'll have to be in the garage though. Sure will make for convieniant mixing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back