Quarantine

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten tons of great protocols from the great ppl on the American side. Unfortunately, we don’t. Have access to most of their meds. Anyone on here treat qt prophylacticaly? And, if so, what meds do you use?

geddavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t treat without any sighns of problems as it causes to much stress on the fish. Also I’d recommend diy meds as you know exactly what is going into your tank. I’m sure you can find meds sold online on places like amazon.

OP
OP
Mariette

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t treat without any sighns of problems as it causes to much stress on the fish. Also I’d recommend diy meds as you know exactly what is going into your tank. I’m sure you can find meds sold online on places like amazon.

I hear ya. That’s always what I’ve done until now. But, in February, I got 3 fish and put em straight into qt for observation. 2 died without symptoms almost immediately. Third one eventually showed symptoms and i confirmed he had flukes. He’s recovering in hypo. I’m trying to weigh the risks and I just don’t know where to go. Last 2 rounds of fish (3 in one batch, 2 in the other) both had fatal diseases (Velvet and Flukes). The Velvet fish seemed fine and, after a week (I know, I know), into DT they went. Where they swiftly infected all my fish, died, and took one of my fish with them :(

So, how long do you observe? Would 30 days be enough?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back