Quarantine

  • Thread starter Thread starter Craigh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Craigh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 19, 2021
Messages
52
Reaction score
25
Location
Essexville
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. I just bought a pair of platinum clowns, they have been hosting an anemone. Should I quarantine all together?
 
Quick question. I just bought a pair of platinum clowns, they have been hosting an anemone. Should I quarantine all together?
I don’t see why not. If all seem happy and don’t need to be medicated shouldn’t be a problem at all. Keeping them together will keep them happy in the quarantine tank.
 
You can but if you find a issue with one or both of the clown fish you will have to remove the anemone to treat the fish especially if you treat with copper . Don’t forget to acclimate and dip ( not copper) the anemone before you place in show tank regardless whether you treat the clowns or not . I personally would dip( not copper ) and place the anemone immediately and leave the clowns in quarantine on there own and that’s because I always add a light dose of copper to my quarantine tank but that’s me . I’m sure others will say that they don’t treat unless there’s a issue and that’s fine too . Good luck and hope this helps
 
As said above you can QT them together but if the anemone needs treated or the clowns need treated you will have to separate and treat accordingly. I QTed mine together and was fortunate enough that my anemone didn't have a bacterial infection and the clowns were disease free.
DB2D6C1F-2E21-49CA-A9B0-3DC31D65FE31.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new