Quarantining Thoughts

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember you can add fake plants and bricks and things to a QT. It doesn’t have to feel unnatural to a fish with PVC. You can make it quite comfortable for them.

If you QT from the day you receive them then there is likely no reason to catch them out of the DT if they are eating and fat before they go in.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just genuinely curious how a person could come to a conclusion that QT is more stressful than a DT, are you pre medicating? What's your QT process and tank set up?
Lol, okay I feel like you’re missing the point I was making about taking the fish out of the DT and putting it into the QT

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately convict tangs are caught and sold mostly by divers in indian ocean or south east asia. Most of those 3rd world countries dont have much strict laws nor implement of it so these guys use cyanide to catch and ship these fish.
Fosh will look nice and clean on the outside but its internal organs are shutting down and just a mtter of time they will fail and fish will go belly up without you ever knowing what happened.

This is why i donot sell that fish on my website. I tried it many times and after not been able to successfully qtying it I got to find out the source of the problem by talking to many whoesalers and divers. So thats one fish i like to leave it in the wild.

OP
OP
StPatrick89

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately convict tangs are caught and sold mostly by divers in indian ocean or south east asia. Most of those 3rd world countries dont have much strict laws nor implement of it so these guys use cyanide to catch and ship these fish.
Fosh will look nice and clean on the outside but its internal organs are shutting down and just a mtter of time they will fail and fish will go belly up without you ever knowing what happened.

This is why i donot sell that fish on my website. I tried it many times and after not been able to successfully qtying it I got to find out the source of the problem by talking to many whoesalers and divers. So thats one fish i like to leave it in the wild.
Thanks

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually took my 5th try to get a successful Convict Tang. Previous 4 didn't make it through TTM Qurantine.

No matter what others try to downplay and criticize qurantine. Don't let that bother you. You want the best health for your fish. Having an ich free tank is rewarding. Something ich management hobbyists have no idea of lol

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what I am. But I ate breakfast so at least I am not hungry. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.9%
Back