Question about Blue Devil Damsel

Apayson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have a question about the aggression of the Blue Devil Damsel.

I transferred this fish into a new red sea reefer 350 & sadly didn't research its aggression towards new fish. I've had this guy for over a year in a nano tank with a clown.

It was bullying a new firefish for the first 48 hours & now they are relatively accepting of each other.

I do have a separate 20 gallon frag QT tank, an isolation box & a nyos fish trap.
Do you think I should remove the blue devil damsel or simply use the isolation box for the first week or two for a new addition?

I was going to remove it asap but am having second thoughts since the damsel is not AS aggressive as it was on Monday.

I'm planning to have a majority of peaceful fish but do plan on getting more semi-aggressive fish like wrasses & maybe a fire angel (as the last addition)

Thoughts or experiences?
Thanks!

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say proceed with caution and be ready to rehome anyone as needed. You might consider keeping it in a seperte system and add it at the same time as the angel. But it's really up to the indivivual fish's personality as to who's going to be more or less territorial.

nicodim55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 in my 150g for 4 years now and they all get along and doesn’t any fish or new fish I add.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back