Question about Blue Devil Damsel

Apayson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2022
Messages
65
Reaction score
28
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have a question about the aggression of the Blue Devil Damsel.

I transferred this fish into a new red sea reefer 350 & sadly didn't research its aggression towards new fish. I've had this guy for over a year in a nano tank with a clown.

It was bullying a new firefish for the first 48 hours & now they are relatively accepting of each other.

I do have a separate 20 gallon frag QT tank, an isolation box & a nyos fish trap.
Do you think I should remove the blue devil damsel or simply use the isolation box for the first week or two for a new addition?

I was going to remove it asap but am having second thoughts since the damsel is not AS aggressive as it was on Monday.

I'm planning to have a majority of peaceful fish but do plan on getting more semi-aggressive fish like wrasses & maybe a fire angel (as the last addition)

Thoughts or experiences?
Thanks!
 
I'd say proceed with caution and be ready to rehome anyone as needed. You might consider keeping it in a seperte system and add it at the same time as the angel. But it's really up to the indivivual fish's personality as to who's going to be more or less territorial.
 
I have 3 in my 150g for 4 years now and they all get along and doesn’t any fish or new fish I add.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new