Question about Coralife salt mix

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brireef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Brireef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 22, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to get some feedback on Coralife salt mix. I have been using this salt mix for a few years now without any problems but I have noticed in the past year the salt mix is leaving a brown film/sludge in my mixing container. My water is ro/di with regular filter changes so no issue there. I have also noticed this same film coating my aquarium glass and settling on the sand bed. I do bi-weekly water changes of 40 gal on a 120g tank. Parameters are good with no algae problems except for this film. Appreciate any input.
 
Had the same problem...ended up switching to reef crystals...I did have algae though...not just in my fuge :-(
 
I use coralife myself and honestly I have been thinking about changing because of the film I have been getting in by bin. I have been using it for 4+ years and I think I have had enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new