Question about coraline dying

hrdneglcry

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2022
Messages
718
Reaction score
212
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from an Odyssea 48" four bulb to an Aquatic life 48" 6 bulb both are T5s. I only run 4 of the 6 on the Aquatic life. I noticed the Odyssea makes much more green algae growth on the glass. Also green algae has grown over and killed some of the purple coraline on top of the rocks. I like the purple coraline and it took awhile to get it to cover. The green algae is just regular. Not hair algae. The light must have better reflectors or its spread apart farther than the Odyssea. I cannot only run Four on the Aquatic Life because the BTAs need at least four running. But the options for running the AL are four, two or 6 at a time. I might be able to get by on two but I worry the anemones are going to start moving around. Time for a new light?
 
I switched from an Odyssea 48" four bulb to an Aquatic life 48" 6 bulb both are T5s. I only run 4 of the 6 on the Aquatic life. I noticed the Odyssea makes much more green algae growth on the glass. Also green algae has grown over and killed some of the purple coraline on top of the rocks. I like the purple coraline and it took awhile to get it to cover. The green algae is just regular. Not hair algae. The light must have better reflectors or its spread apart farther than the Odyssea. I cannot only run Four on the Aquatic Life because the BTAs need at least four running. But the options for running the AL are four, two or 6 at a time. I might be able to get by on two but I worry the anemones are going to start moving around. Time for a new light?
Make the anemones happy. Don’t worry about the algea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new