Question about lighting and changing Bulbs out.

jordan3548

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2010
Messages
660
Reaction score
28
Location
Plant City, Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running 3 175 watt metal halides on my 120 and the bulbs are very old and when I say old trust me I mean old. I have heard not to change them all at once or 1 a week among other things. My question is I am getting all new Hamilton 14k's tomorrow how do you think I should go about changing my bulbs out? Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
change them but cut back on the amount of time you run them. You can also move them higher or put screen layers between the light and the tank.

After a week or so, lower the lights or remove a layer of screen. If you just cut back on the time, you can increase it by a few minutes (15 or so)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new