Question about Longnose Hawkfish Color Morphs and Other Differences. I need help deciding.

Perpetual Novice

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2019
Messages
423
Reaction score
318
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to do the second wave of stocking in my 100 gallon tank and decided I'm going to make a bulk order of smaller fish on LIve Aquaria. I want to get a Longnose Hawkfish but when I went to add it to my cart I saw they offer two options the same size and the same price. The only difference between the options is where they are collected: Indonesia vs Sri Lanka/Maldives. I assume this means there is some relevant difference between the Longnose Hawkfish collected at each of these locations. My best guess is that they would have a slightly different color morph but I can't find any information online or on Liveaquaria about what the differences might be between these two collection sites.

Is anyone familiar with these fish and might know why Liveaquaria lists them separately?
 
I doubt it. Live aquaria generally lists the various supply locations for any fish. Look at a circumtropical fish like the longnose butterfly you can get it from a half dozen different locations with no difference in color or patterns.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new