Question about PANCUR

JenniferMcK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a clownfish that has parasites that I can't get rid of. I fed GC soaked food for 14 days during quarantine. As soon as quarantine was over and she went into dt, she stopped eating as much then stopped almost completely. Put her back into qt, decided to dose GC in water since she's not eating and she started eating again. Tried feeding GC soaked brine and pellet food and she picks at it, but doesn't eat very much. GC has been in water column and been feeding GC soaked food for 5 days, and she still has a clear whitish poop hanging out. She started getting her appetite back, but this morning shes back to just picking at the food. I have some puppy wormer, panacur liquid, which is fenbendazole and was wondering if maybe I could try to dose that into her food and see it that works? Anyone done this before? I know that there is fish meds called fish bendazole that can be used for prazi resistant flukes and worms and it's the same ingredients, just don't know how many drops to put into food. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JenniferMcK

JenniferMcK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a clownfish that has parasites that I can't get rid of. I fed GC soaked food for 14 days during quarantine. As soon as quarantine was over and she went into dt, she stopped eating as much then stopped almost completely. Put her back into qt, decided to dose GC in water since she's not eating and she started eating again. Tried feeding GC soaked brine and pellet food and she picks at it, but doesn't eat very much. GC has been in water column and been feeding GC soaked food for 5 days, and she still has a clear whitish poop hanging out. She started getting her appetite back, but this morning shes back to just picking at the food. I have some puppy wormer, panacur liquid, which is fenbendazole and was wondering if maybe I could try to dose that into her food and see it that works? Anyone done this before? I know that there is fish meds called fish bendazole that can be used for prazi resistant flukes and worms and it's the same ingredients, just don't know how many drops to put into food. Thanks to anyone that can help!

I also want to ask if maybe I'm dealing some type of infection rather than internal parasites? To be a little more clear in details, she has a mate and he's been eating fine and no whitish clear poop. She is now starting to lay down on the bottom of qt for few minutes and then gets back up and swims, but not as actively as usual. Like she's tired or wore out.

OP
OP
JenniferMcK

JenniferMcK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well she doesn't have flukes. I dipped her twice in fw and nothing comes off. Just something internal going on. She has clear whitish stringy poop. She's been pooping alot though so maybe getting it out of her system? I'm wondering if I can actually use the liquid puppy wormer in my clowns food, but I have no idea what the dosage would be. Maybe a drop or 2? I did start the trifecta today in hopes that if it's a internal infection, maybe this would help. Is there anything else I should add to her food to help? I'm really at a loss here. She's was quarantined in copper and abx appropriately. Then observed for some time before added to dt. Once in dt she was fine for a week or so then stopped eating right and then I noticed the poop. No ich or velvet showing. This is a new dt just cycled with dead rock and dry sand so idk how anything could have gotten in there unless I cross contaminated somehow

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back