Question about removing Chemi-pure and Purigen

  • Thread starter Thread starter kveille
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kveille

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2009
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Location
Mandeville, LA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to experiment with some different things with filtration and I was wondering if I could remove Chemi-pure Elite and Purigen from my rear chamber for a week or two without it harming the media? Or is there some way that I should consider storing for the extended period of time to keep it fresh and usable?
 
Does beneficial bacteria grow on these two products? I thought they were just used to remove the bad nutrients from the water and not grow beneficial bacteria.
 
The bacteria will grow on anything that it can just more on somethings than others like said if u do a water change soon save some of that water and use, but have to remember chemi pure only good for so long, being in bucket last longer since no load but will still lose efficiency over time.
 
If these aren't your bio-media, then no worries about any possible bacteria dieing off. Id just put them in a zip lock with no water, seal it, and before reusing them, just rinse in some RO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new