Question about Trident placement in AIO tank

doublee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas!

I have a question about intake line tube placement of Trident in an AIO tank. My AIO chambers are as in the pic below.

1671922301770.png

As per Neptune instruction, it should be in "an area without microbubbles and away from dosing lines" which removes the option for 3rd chamber for me. I am not sure between 1st and 2nd chamber -- in light of the equipment I have in each. Which one would be best in this set-up?

Many thanks, in advance.

OP
OP
doublee

doublee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to place it as far post-filtration as you can to avoid anything potentially clogging it up.
Thank you. Then, the 3rd chamber seems to be the best option. Maybe I will just dose directly into the tank to avoid any misreading.

Someone also suggested to put the intake tube directly into the display tank. But the instructions said it to be as close to the bottom at possible and I worry about it clogging with sand or other stuff -- unless I don't put the line too close to the bottom.

Happy holidays

OP
OP
doublee

doublee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You definitely don't want the intake tube in the display; it will clog in short order (which could require taking the unit apart to remedy).
Thank you. I think I will go with:

1) Dosing directly into the tank (probably after the return flow)
2) Placing Trident intake tube into the 3rd chamber as @blaxsun suggested so to avoid any potential microbubbles if put in 1st chamber.

1672017746705.png

Sparkss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas!

I have a question about intake line tube placement of Trident in an AIO tank. My AIO chambers are as in the pic below.

1671922301770.png

As per Neptune instruction, it should be in "an area without microbubbles and away from dosing lines" which removes the option for 3rd chamber for me. I am not sure between 1st and 2nd chamber -- in light of the equipment I have in each. Which one would be best in this set-up?

Many thanks, in advance.
Where did you physically place the Trident? The recommendations are to place the Trident above the sump waterline, which is challenging with an AIO. I have one that I trying to work that out, any advice or information would be appreciated.

zbrusko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you physically place the Trident? The recommendations are to place the Trident above the sump waterline, which is challenging with an AIO. I have one that I trying to work that out, any advice or information would be appreciated.
I have the same question. Debating this purchase, but if I have to mount this over my tank somehow, that is likely a deal breaker. Is Anyone using this with an AIO rear filter?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is where mine is located no big deal!!! And I can’t imagine having a tank without it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 40

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back