Question for Red Sea Owners

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at possibly picking up a used 250 reefer, only thing is its a white stand which doesn't match anything in our house. I know the wife will want it black, question is Ive never seen a red sea in person, what is the stand surface like? Is it a glass smooth surface that will be a pain to paint, is it a thin overlay on particle board? Will I be able to lightly sand, prime and paint it? Has anyone done this? I dont want to build a new stand. Thanks!

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sides and back are veneer over waterproof fiberboard. The doors have an epoxy coating. My suggestion would be to lightly sand and then use an epoxy paint to keep the waterproof qualities. I have an E-260 which is the same size as the 250 and uses the same stand.

OP
OP
W

Waffen06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sides and back are veneer over waterproof fiberboard. The doors have an epoxy coating. My suggestion would be to lightly sand and then use an epoxy paint to keep the waterproof qualities. I have an E-260 which is the same size as the 250 and uses the same stand.
Did you try this with yours? Picked up the tank yesterday and plan on trying this

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 41 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 22 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back