Question on BioReactor & GFO

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
609
Location
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK i was wondering if it would hurt to run both at the same time, I just got a bioreactor and have been running a dual reactor with gfo & Carbon, I have had great results with just the gfo keeping Nitrates aa 0 and phosphates around .03 and below. Does anyone think i need to hook the reactor up or just stay with gfo,or should i stop with the gfo and just do the Bio Pellets.. Not sure what to do...Stopping the gfo now i would think would make phos go up since the pellets are new..

IDK What yall think

Thanks for any input i get..
 
I wasn't aware that GFO did anything for Nitrates. ?? GFO only removes Phosphates, I believe that the BioPellets will remove both, but GFO does a faster job of removeing the phosphates, and also exhausting quicker.
But, yes, you can run them both at the same time.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new