Question on preparing food

erm0715

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read a lot of people take frozen food (cubes, sheets), nori etc. and mix it all together with garlic and vitamins or supplaments for multiple feedings. I'm assuming this mixture is stored in the fridge. Any idea how long this stuff is good for defrosted but refrigerated? I'd like to do this if only to get the food saturated with garlic etc. rather than the current process of defrosting a couple of cubes, tossing in pellets and garlic and tossing it in once it's defrosted and mixed.

Thanks!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I like to store mine for no more than 5 days (it gets rather fishy/stinky beyond that). You can always do what I did: buy about 2 dozen small round containers (about 1.5" x 1"), dispense all the frozen food into these and stick those back in the freezer. Then when you need to feed the fish, either take out 3-5 days worth and add your garlic, aminos, Selcon (etc.) supplements and leave in the fridge or just take out a day at a time, add the supplements and throw in the tank to thaw/mix.

OP
OP
E

erm0715

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I like to store mine for no more than 5 days (it gets rather fishy/stinky beyond that). You can always do what I did: buy about 2 dozen small round containers (about 1.5" x 1"), dispense all the frozen food into these and stick those back in the freezer. Then when you need to feed the fish, either take out 3-5 days worth and add your garlic, aminos, Selcon (etc.) supplements and leave in the fridge or just take out a day at a time, add the supplements and throw in the tank to thaw/mix.
Thanks! Much appreciated, exactly what i was looking for!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read a lot of people take frozen food (cubes, sheets), nori etc. and mix it all together with garlic and vitamins or supplaments for multiple feedings. I'm assuming this mixture is stored in the fridge. Any idea how long this stuff is good for defrosted but refrigerated? I'd like to do this if only to get the food saturated with garlic etc. rather than the current process of defrosting a couple of cubes, tossing in pellets and garlic and tossing it in once it's defrosted and mixed.

Thanks!
I make mine in the morning for two feedings and store it until the next feeding (if made at night the next morning or morning and night). I tried two days but it just wasnt right and I didnt feed it to my fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back