Question regarding Core7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mmoore0324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My current system is about 3 months old and is approximately 107 total system gallons. I set the system up from the beginning using Triton Methodology. I currently have a 20g refugium growing Chaeto very nicely on a reverse photo cycle. I have done zero water changes and set the tank up with ESV Salt and mixed the batch to 8 Dkh. I've been waiting to start dosing Core7 until I get a Dkh drop. The tank is moderately stocked with SPS and a few LPS sprinkled in. I do have coralline growing, the frags are slowly encrusting, and I've seen about 3/4" growth on my Milka Stylo, however my dkh has not dropped at all. So being frustrated by this, yesterday I started really looking at the system and realized that my Ph is low. 7.8 - 8.0 (my PM1 died on my last system and I didn't replace, so testing with API for now.) Now it started to make sense why my ca / dkh uptake is been low. I live in Florida and in the cooler months when I'm not running the A/C all the time we don't get a lot of fresh air circulation through the house so I'm looking at running a fresh air line into my protein skimmer. I also dosed some AquaVitro Balance last night to boost the Ph.

My question is... should I go ahead and start dosing Core7 on a low dose to get the Ph up, I believe Core7 runs 8.3 ph? I know the dkh will rise, but hopefully once Ph gets back up, dkh will then be depleted in a normal fashion.

Thanks for the help and insight
Matt

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would personally wait for the Alkalinity to drop before you start dosing, if you are seeing growth then it will come down eventually as it has to! You may find that your Alkalinity measurement is off so I would get that double checked with a different kit.

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back