Question regarding posting

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey , I would like to create a thread for my aquarium.
I would like also to be able to edit it and keep people from commenting it until it's done (maybe keep it secret)
Where should I start it ?

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That particular aquarium is now filled with phosphorescent tetras and no longer exist as on the picture.
I can't even edit/delete except way to far away while posting it further down the thread.
I find that very bad to keep an aquarium profile up to date.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...just open up a new build thread with a new name. You can just add a comment to current build thread stating your closing this and opening up new (add the link if you like) because you're making major changes.

A lot of people start one way and decide to go another. It's part of the hobby and sharing why you did that is nice for others to see.

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess that could work.
Hope I wont have to start a new thread every time I see a spelling error ;Facepalm

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spelling errors? this hobby? How now?
I just learn to end my posts with, yep butchered that one when i am too lazy to spell check a scientific name on google lol.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess that could work.
Hope I wont have to start a new thread every time I see a spelling error ;Facepalm
After you post, you can edit your post by clicking the dropdown arrow at the bottom of your post.
The way I do it is if there is a typo, I just make the correction. If there is a significant edit, then at bottom of post, I type "edit: ....." so readers know what the change is.

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only good for a said amount of time, after that, it's not possible to change it.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only good for a said amount of time, after that, it's not possible to change it.
Oh.... didnt know that. Lol. Only tried editing immediately after posting. Never tried to edit an old post. Sorry, I'm no use. Lol.
Btw, I'm curious too as to your questions.. I'll be starting my build thread in a month or two.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMO I don't think a lot of people are worried about the spelling as long as it can be read (at least for me I don't care). However, unlimited editing is one of the benefits of being a supporting member. Either way, we'd like to see what you are working on now! :)

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have plenty of info I could post online , but I wont becose I will wait until everything is done ...
Little trick , the images added in 'media' content have a better definition than the ones directly added on a post.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone's signature say something along the lines of "I reserve the right to edit posts at will to correct spelling and grammar errors". I just assume that's my inherent right...but yeah...if I change meaning I put a note on why I edit. And the more I do this, the more I have to go back and edit. People can't learn from my mistakes if I don't tell them. :)

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have plenty of info I could post online , but I wont becose I will wait until everything is done ...
Little trick , the images added in 'media' content have a better definition than the ones directly added on a post.
Hurry! Edit your post!!! Theres a typo!!

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post to show you the difference
yellow polyp.JPG

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone's signature say something along the lines of "I reserve the right to edit posts at will to correct spelling and grammar errors". I just assume that's my inherent right...but yeah...if I change meaning I put a note on why I edit. And the more I do this, the more I have to go back and edit. People can't learn from my mistakes if I don't tell them. :)
Editing...lol. Look at my build on the first post - had to one line that recently. I always like to one line through if I change strategy. Let's people know what I was thinking before I changed it.

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grammar errors are an example folks lol
Just say I have a dead fish and I want to remove it from my 'fish list'

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grammar errors are an example folks lol
Just say I have a dead fish and I want to remove it from my 'fish list'
Yeah..got a few corals I need to strike through as well...sadly. Here's something you should never do. Make a list of all the corals you bought, then see how many didn't make it and add up the money.

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah..got a few corals I need to strike through as well...sadly. Here's something you should never do. Make a list of all the corals you bought, then see how many didn't make it and add up the money.
My wife could use that list against me as well

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back