Questions about Hawkfish

optimisticdingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. My wife and I are purchasing a 116 gallon system this weekend that a lady in our town is getting rid of. The system comes with a Falco's Hawkfish and a few damsels. We currently have a 40 gallon breeder that is on a Fallow Period for a Velvet Outbreak, a 10 gallon QT that is housing our engineer goby (the sole survivor of the velvet outbreak), and a 15 gallon pico reef that has 2 clownfish.

Our plan is to break down this 116 gallon, sterelize it, and start fresh to eliminate any parasites without having to go Fallow. My wife and I would like to keep the Hawkfish but aren't sure where we would house it while the new tank cycles. I don't want to put it in the 40 gallon because it's contaminated but I'm worried that the Hawkfish might eat my engineer goby in the QT tank or would kill my clowns in the 15 gallon. I've got a mocha storm and a midnight clown. If that Hawkfish killed my mocha storm I'd be pretty ticked lol. Any ideas? Should I just donate it to my LFS and wait or can I keep it?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use an egg-crate divide in the quarantine tank to keep it away from the other fish.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawkfish are not that aggressive. If it was a 6-9" deepwater japanesse hawkfish maybe he would go for the fish as food. A small regular red flame hawkfish no. Hths
D

OP
OP
O

optimisticdingo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawkfish are not that aggressive. If it was a 6-9" deepwater japanesse hawkfish maybe he would go for the fish as food. A small regular red flame hawkfish no. Hths
D
It's a falco Hawkfish. I don't know much about them. You think they would be good together?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back