!!!!! QUESTIONS I SHOULD HAVE ASKED!!!!!

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two truths to live buy.

How much will you save when you end up having to buy it again (and again and again)?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you find time to do it again?

I like it!! I like it A LOT! Lol [emoji38]

This is where a lot of folks get in a rush.... I know it's hard not to!

Save up your pennies and buy right the first time! [emoji4]

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the following questions are top google searches daily -

T5 VS LED
Rim VS Rimless
Skimmer VS ATS
Bare bottom VS Sand

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think many new hobbyist ask many questions and just learn by making mistakes. Most do so with the mistaken thought that a LFS knows what they need and wouldn't just sale them anything. But no they will sale you anything and do. I have seen so many bad set ups that stores have sold hobbyist through out the years. An manufacturers that will make anything and say anything to sale their wares. I have seen many go out of business and new ones come up behind them.
I try out new equipment all the time and many don't pass my test of fool proof success. Many people will not tell hobbyist all the issues with equipment as this will hurt a sale but it doesn't make a long term hobbyist out of buyer of said equipment just an ex marine aquarium hobbyist.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think many new hobbyist ask many questions and just learn by making mistakes. Most do so with the mistaken thought that a LFS knows what they need and wouldn't just sale them anything. But no they will sale you anything and do. I have seen so many bad set ups that stores have sold hobbyist through out the years. An manufacturers that will make anything and say anything to sale their wares. I have seen many go out of business and new ones come up behind them.
I try out new equipment all the time and many don't pass my test of fool proof success. Many people will not tell hobbyist all the issues with equipment as this will hurt a sale but it doesn't make a long term hobbyist out of buyer of said equipment just an ex marine aquarium hobbyist.

Unfortunately this is true. I've seen it also and a time or two I've pulled people off to the side and gave them the real scoop.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only regret was not getting a bigger tank, however they regret is being resolved in May :). I done lots of research and so far it's paid off.

I think a lot of us have this regret! Lol [emoji23]

Always go bigger!! [emoji4]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the following questions are top google searches daily -

T5 VS LED
Rim VS Rimless
Skimmer VS ATS
Bare bottom VS Sand

I would agree with this list a lot of these do pop up a lot!

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't buy fine sand for a reef tank. With the flow you need it will blow all over

Now this is a great post! A seemingly simple thing like sand type can give you nightmares! [emoji33]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to further capitalize on what @reefwiser said. Make sure you ask lots of questions from the LFS and bounce all ideas off of fellow reefers!

Always best to ask several times and buy once! [emoji4]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have an epic fail they'd like to share??

IMG_1481841555.586329.jpg

GAcoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Begginer question: why should I buy a reef ready tank if the design takes a lot of state I could use for rock and coral? I'll better drill this one! (??? Me, before I start researching and knowing about the different methods available like the Animal Bean design)

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because sometimes you can be too passionate. I don't lie to her, but I may not tell her everything either.

What do you mean hunny? I've had that coral for awhile! You must not have noticed it... ;p

Whenever I tell my wife to open the garage door for me when I get home she asks what I bought... ;p

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish this time around I would have asked... "Instead of that 190 sitting there, can you get me a 400 gallon and deliver it" (my bank account is thankful that I didn't ask this question)

If I had a wife she would have left me. :eek:

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish this time around I would have asked... "Instead of that 190 sitting there, can you get me a 400 gallon and deliver it" (my bank account is thankful that I didn't ask this question)

If I had a wife she would have left me. :eek:

I have an empty 235g sitting in my garage.... ;p I can't afford to run both my tanks anymore... :/

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an empty 235g sitting in my garage.... ;p I can't afford to run both my tanks anymore... :/

Personally I would sell that 235 and upgrade what you've got! You can always make it nicer! [emoji12]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean hunny? I've had that coral for awhile! You must not have noticed it... ;p

Whenever I tell my wife to open the garage door for me when I get home she asks what I bought... ;p

The old play dumb routine lol [emoji23]

I sure hope my wife never has to sell my stuff for the prices I quoted.... [emoji33]

On a serious note my wife and I make a game of it.... she looks for what I bought lol... then she's like ok I need ....... [emoji23]

She's actually very supportive within reason! [emoji6]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Begginer question: why should I buy a reef ready tank if the design takes a lot of state I could use for rock and coral? I'll better drill this one! (??? Me, before I start researching and knowing about the different methods available like the Animal Bean design)

Ahhh yes the lack of research... happens to us all at some point I think! [emoji6]

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 82 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back