!!!!! QUESTIONS I SHOULD HAVE ASKED!!!!!

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would sell that 235 and upgrade what you've got! You can always make it nicer! [emoji12]

The tank I have running is 300g ;p
And nobody is going to give me anything close for what I paid for the 235g so it's hanging out for awhile. I'll get it up and running again some day...
Maybe a FOWLR and have some big Angels I can't put in the reef.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank I have running is 300g ;p
And nobody is going to give me anything close for what I paid for the 235g so it's hanging out for awhile. I'll get it up and running again some day...
Maybe a FOWLR and have some big Angels I can't put in the reef.

I hear ya on that!

Question is do you wish you just had gone bigger to begin with?? Forget the 235... forget the 300.

400 or bigger?? [emoji23]

Rob's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya on that!

Question is do you wish you just had gone bigger to begin with?? Forget the 235... forget the 300.

400 or bigger?? [emoji23]

To be honest maybe... ;p the 300 is 96lx30dx24h... maybe another 12" depth would be nice. ;p but it's a lot to keep clean all the time as it is... ;p

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest maybe... ;p the 300 is 96lx30dx24h... maybe another 12" depth would be nice. ;p but it's a lot to keep clean all the time as it is... ;p
I love the dimensions of that tank! I only wish I had room for one!

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many questions can't pick just one. In the 80s I had a beautiful 40 gal with an awesome elegance coral. Never had Ich only problem was some hair and bubble algae. This current tank is basic but no pests because using real reef rock

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many questions can't pick just one. In the 80s I had a beautiful 40 gal with an awesome elegance coral. Never had Ich only problem was some hair and bubble algae. This current tank is basic but no pests because using real reef rock

A lot of questions for sure! I remember reading lots and lots of books! The equipment has gotten a lot better!

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old certain fish tend to live in captivity... Have the curse of fish not passing away. And i get attached so cant trade em in... have a clarkii clown now for almost 7 years and regretted it a month later. 7 years of regret later still have the same clown lol

Reef2zach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to fill a 5 gallon pale with RO/DI for top offs and water changes on a 75 gallon. With my filter it took about 2 hours to fill the buck. I forgot I had it running and left for a few days. Came back to a very flooded apartment. Now I have a 50 gallon barrel :p

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to fill a 5 gallon pale with RO/DI for top offs and water changes on a 75 gallon. With my filter it took about 2 hours to fill the buck. I forgot I had it running and left for a few days. Came back to a very flooded apartment. Now I have a 50 gallon barrel :p

Wow! The RODI horror story! Great one!! Lots and lots of folks have had overflows.... but a few days!!! Ouch! [emoji12]

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best way to hide all of my purchases and can I use your address to ship my goods to, I will pick it up later!

I don't ship to my address anything that won't fit in the mail box. We moved in and ordered a box from Amazon the first time. Delivered around 4pm and we never saw the box. Someone stole it. Our town has mail thieves that literally follow the mail truck and as the post people say usually about 30minutes behind. There are Facebook videos of some of the thieves in our town cought on home CCTV. I've been wanting to leave a GPS in an Amazon box and leave it on the porch. Then post on Facebook where it goes... lol probably won't do that but hope someone follows the dot.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't ship to my address anything that won't fit in the mail box. We moved in and ordered a box from Amazon the first time. Delivered around 4pm and we never saw the box. Someone stole it. Our town has mail thieves that literally follow the mail truck and as the post people say usually about 30minutes behind. There are Facebook videos of some of the thieves in our town cought on home CCTV. I've been wanting to leave a GPS in an Amazon box and leave it on the porch. Then post on Facebook where it goes... lol probably won't do that but hope someone follows the dot.

This lol

Shaun Sweeney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had spent more time researching this crazy hobby before I dove in. I got lucky because I found a reefer close by who helped me over the first year or so. Still, I'm glad I took it up. It's a fascinating pastime with never a dull moment.

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's crazy! Note to self be around when packages are inbound! Wow [emoji33]

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I had spent more time researching this crazy hobby before I dove in. I got lucky because I found a reefer close by who helped me over the first year or so. Still, I'm glad I took it up. It's a fascinating pastime with never a dull moment.

Yes research is very important !! Never underestimate the value of a successful reefer! They can save you a ton of time, frustration and expense! Great point! [emoji6]

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I would have listened to that nagging little voice in the back of my brain saying " get a bigger tank, you know you'll be sorry" yep I'm sorry now, bigger will be better:rolleyes:

OP
OP
120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I would have listened to that nagging little voice in the back of my brain saying " get a bigger tank, you know you'll be sorry" yep I'm sorry now, bigger will be better:rolleyes:

Totally agree! With success comes expansion! Either bigger or more tanks are the norm! I have dreams! [emoji4]

Reef2zach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL I went from a 5 gallon to a 10 to a 40 to a 75 and 5 years later I finally got a 220 cycling.

20161216_180636.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.8%
Back