Quiet Peristaltic Pump for Calcium Reactor

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So on my old tank, I had a Geo 612 CalRx with my DOS jerry-rigged to be the feed pump. That tank has since been shut down and I have started a new tank.

Bought a new Geo CalRx to go with it, but decided to try to skip the peristaltic pump by using a needle valve teed off my return to feed it. Low and behold, pretty much everybody is right - it's a pain to keep the effluent consistent.

This tank is in my living room next to my couch, so I am looking for a quiet, somewhat small (small enough to fit in the storage side of a Reefer 350 stand) peristaltic. I tried one of the big MasterFlex's on my old tank but it was so freakin loud so I didn't end up using it.

Any suggestions for something other than a Masterflex? Quick google search brings up a couple interesting options -

Has anybody used any of these Kamoer pumps that are under $100?
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-kamoer-peristaltic-pump.html

I'd prefer not to spend this much, but does anybody have any experience with these and are they quiet?:

I run my geo CaRx with a siphon and have an apex PMUP set to restart or “dose” the CaRx periodically throughout the day. I just received a triton so will tie this in to dosing soon as well. Basically I have a cryptic sump which has a much higher water column than the effluent line of the CaRx (and also happens to be filled with rubble). This cryptic section receives water from the display tank, most of which overflows into a large fuge, which flows laterally into a return pump area. The PMUP sits in the taller water column cryptic zone attached to the CaRx feed tubing, so that a siphon based off of water head pressure has a slow steady flow going through the Geo CaRx all the time (restricted by a needle valve) and then a few times a day the PMUP turns on and makes sure the siphon if it happened to stop has resumed.

BF075A35-136A-4DB6-849C-9D7C8540B288.jpeg
339F94D0-0C9D-4F3A-A6F3-1EF5210D19AC.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back