QuietDrive upgrade keeps running in reverse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the MP10QD upgrade for my MP10ES, and day one it kept going in reverse over and over...then it was OK for a few weeks.

Now its completly stuck in reverse. I've tried everything. I've done the hard reset on the controller. I've cleaned the wetside...But I can see the magnet is running in reverse.

Is there anything else I can try here? Is the quietdrive controller faulty?

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a user controlled forum... I would contact Ecotech directly.

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emailed support and they told me they want to replace my dryside motor under warranty.

great customer service so far -- hopefully this resolves the problem! Will report back. I'll have to find a small circulation pump temporarily while this one gets replaced.

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just reporting back they are shipping me the new dryside -- I actually waited to get a new pump which wasn't even necessary since they send you the new one first.

They said it would be charged if my dryside has water damage or has been altered, both of which have not happened with mine so it should be easy!

She said this was a weird circumstance but she said it's a problem with dryside not the driver. Seems odd though because it's been running flawlessly when on the original ES driver for the past 3 weeks. It only did this using the QD controller. Hopefully it's still something with the dryside and the QD controller just triggered it.

Fantastic customer service and definitely a plus why I'm OK paying a little more for their products!

OP
OP
P

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned off my MP10, swapped the dryside motor, reinstalled and it now runs fine.
I guess it was the dryside! I'm sending back my motor and I hope they keep their end of the deal and don't charge me for the dryside since this all stemmed from the QuietDrive upgrade. The pump has been running perfectly fine with the ES driver. I don't understand why the ES driver works fine, but the QD driver runs it in reverse, yet it was the motor...maybe a weird defect. Either way, glad that I didn't throw $50 down the drain with the QD controller.

Downside though -- I spot a hairline crack on the wetside now. Wasn't there before...I'm guessing when the motor ran in reverse and it was slamming the glass it caused it. Probably will have to replace that soon...what an expensive upgrade to silence the thing!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back