R/O questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmh41532
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a coralife 24 gpd unit. I need to replace the membrane, however I haven't found one that's rated at 24 gpd. Can I use a slightly larger membrane if I change the flow restrictor?
 
Yes. The Dow Filmtec 75 GPD is the same physical size and by far the most popular membrane available. I prefer Spectrapure's 90 GPD myself which starts out life as a Dow Filmtec 75 GPD then gets specially treated with a proprietary process proven to improve its performance then is either batch tested or individually hand tested for quality control unlike any other vendor offers. That and a matched flow restrictor would serve you well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new