R2R App and Tapatalk Users Are Missing Out

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for being a member! Can you tell me how you get to your content faster?

With the mobile site it takes me two clicks. One click on the iphone screen to open the site and one click on the my threads link. :)
You really have to use it to understand. For instance, not only do I get a single list for all my updated and unread threads, I get it also for messages. Then, I also get a shortened list of watched forums for me to quickly go into. On top of that, there is not a lot of other noise that makes it hard for me to focus in on the info. To top it all off, it rolls ALL my forums into one app.

As an advertiser, I want to of course get people's eyeballs, but when there are so many ads, badges, emojis, etc. all trying to get my attention, it makes it hard to focus. I think there could be a cleaner way to deliver on both - get the ads in there to support the site while at the same time making it easier for the mobile user.

Is there some sort of program that TapaTalk has where you can get some of your ads in there?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You really have to use it to understand. For instance, not only do I get a single list for all my updated and unread threads, I get it also for messages. Then, I also get a shortened list of watched forums for me to quickly go into. On top of that, there is not a lot of other noise that makes it hard for me to focus in on the info. To top it all off, it rolls ALL my forums into one app.

As an advertiser, I want to of course get people's eyeballs, but when there are so many ads, badges, emojis, etc. all trying to get my attention, it makes it hard to focus. I think there could be a cleaner way to deliver on both - get the ads in there to support the site while at the same time making it easier for the mobile user.

Is there some sort of program that TapaTalk has where you can get some of your ads in there?

I have used it and do have the app. We have pretty much everything you mentioned in one form or another. As an advertiser you should like our way better since you're not benefiting near as much when people use tapatalk.

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an sponsor/advertiser, first and foremost is making people interact with R2R in the easiest way possible. The success of R2R is measured by the growth it has and the only way it grows is if it is easy. If anything gets in the way of that, it will not benefit me - long term.

Banner ads are secondary to me as an advertiser. Engagement is #1. I get that on any platform a user may prefer.

If there was a revenue share capability with the TapaTalk folks, I think that should be explored. It would only be incremental $ because those people who use that tool are not going to leave it.

And, can you show me how to roll up all my other forums inside R2R ;) I would LOVE that feature!

I love R2R - a place where even topics like this can be discussed openly. GO R2R!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As an sponsor/advertiser, first and foremost is making people interact with R2R in the easiest way possible. The success of R2R is measured by the growth it has and the only way it grows is if it is easy. If anything gets in the way of that, it will not benefit me - long term.

Banner ads are secondary to me as an advertiser. Engagement is #1. I get that on any platform a user may prefer.

If there was a revenue share capability with the TapaTalk folks, I think that should be explored. It would only be incremental $ because those people who use that tool are not going to leave it.

And, can you show me how to roll up all my other forums inside R2R ;) I would LOVE that feature!

I love R2R - a place where even topics like this can be discussed openly. GO R2R!

About everything is what I said...HA! We don't want you on other forums so we're not going to help with that! LOL!

The way I view it is our mobile site offers all the bells and whistles to help keep people in engaged more. Even more so than TT does. On TT you're using a bare bones version of the forum. If all you want is to see threads and posts then you're good to go. We don't have to allow TT to even use our info. We have their plug in installed to allow them to access it for the benefit of users like you. The forum software we use is evolving even more and more and there are some huge updates coming soon!

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used it and do have the app. We have pretty much everything you mentioned in one form or another. As an advertiser you should like our way better since you're not benefiting near as much when people use tapatalk.
I can switch to the Neptune forum much easier in tapatalk and get it's threads streamed with these threads in one.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About everything is what I said...HA! We don't want you on other forums so we're not going to help with that! LOL!

There are other hobbies and professional groups available through tapatalk that I also access. Not just competing forums.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea what you people are talking about. But then, I'm old and really don't care that much. JMHO

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am forced to use the mobile version of the website because my app would not let me log in and I have to say I still prefer the app very very much. The website is still a big challenge to me. Navigating is just more difficult and slower. I really wish the app would work for me.

BamaMedic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree Your home screen notifications stress me out... check your email! ;)

That being said, I really did enjoy the App version of R2R. Plus I’m really going to miss my push notifications while I’m at work. I completely understand the switch, privacy is the most important thing to me and R2R pushing that as an important issue to y’all makes me love this place even more. I really hope you consider a proprietary IOS app in the future. If you don’t want to keep it updated, maybe let one of the forum users/app developers do it for you?

Thanks for the hard work!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a matter of keeping it updated. It's a matter of Tapatalk selling your info to whomever they want. This was the main reason for R2R dropping it.

BamaMedic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a matter of keeping it updated. It's a matter of Tapatalk selling your info to whomever they want. This was the main reason for R2R dropping it.

I understand that. In the thread that revhtree posted yesterday a user asked what his future plans were for an IOS app. Another user replied that he was an app developer and wouldn’t mind helping him with it. Revhtree replied that he was in the air about it; Updating it would be a pain.

I’m sorry I can’t link the thread I’m trying to get used to the browser site.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for keeping our info secure as much as you can! However, I do miss the iOS app.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back