R2R App and Tapatalk Users Are Missing Out

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback / Help' started by revhtree, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Terence

Terence Valuable Member

You really have to use it to understand. For instance, not only do I get a single list for all my updated and unread threads, I get it also for messages. Then, I also get a shortened list of watched forums for me to quickly go into. On top of that, there is not a lot of other noise that makes it hard for me to focus in on the info. To top it all off, it rolls ALL my forums into one app.

As an advertiser, I want to of course get people's eyeballs, but when there are so many ads, badges, emojis, etc. all trying to get my attention, it makes it hard to focus. I think there could be a cleaner way to deliver on both - get the ads in there to support the site while at the same time making it easier for the mobile user.

Is there some sort of program that TapaTalk has where you can get some of your ads in there?

2. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I have used it and do have the app. We have pretty much everything you mentioned in one form or another. As an advertiser you should like our way better since you're not benefiting near as much when people use tapatalk.

3. Terence

Terence Valuable Member

As an sponsor/advertiser, first and foremost is making people interact with R2R in the easiest way possible. The success of R2R is measured by the growth it has and the only way it grows is if it is easy. If anything gets in the way of that, it will not benefit me - long term.

Banner ads are secondary to me as an advertiser. Engagement is #1. I get that on any platform a user may prefer.

If there was a revenue share capability with the TapaTalk folks, I think that should be explored. It would only be incremental $ because those people who use that tool are not going to leave it.

And, can you show me how to roll up all my other forums inside R2R ;) I would LOVE that feature!

I love R2R - a place where even topics like this can be discussed openly. GO R2R!

revhtree likes this.
  4. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

About everything is what I said...HA! We don't want you on other forums so we're not going to help with that! LOL!

The way I view it is our mobile site offers all the bells and whistles to help keep people in engaged more. Even more so than TT does. On TT you're using a bare bones version of the forum. If all you want is to see threads and posts then you're good to go. We don't have to allow TT to even use our info. We have their plug in installed to allow them to access it for the benefit of users like you. The forum software we use is evolving even more and more and there are some huge updates coming soon!

Terence likes this.
  5. jason2459

jason2459 Not a paid scientist R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

I can switch to the Neptune forum much easier in tapatalk and get it's threads streamed with these threads in one.

revhtree likes this.
  6. jason2459

There are other hobbies and professional groups available through tapatalk that I also access. Not just competing forums.

revhtree likes this.
  7. jason2459

Oh and thanks to what ever you did I can see the post's text in my email again.

Terence and revhtree like this.
  8. jason2459

Phew! Tapatalk still works.

Floyd R Turbo likes this.
  9. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award SCMAS Member Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Though not as well as the mobile version of our site. :p

Fudsey likes this.
  10. Oldsalt01

Oldsalt01 Active Member

I have no idea what you people are talking about. But then, I'm old and really don't care that much. JMHO

Draft saved Draft deleted