R2R App and Tapatalk Users Are Missing Out

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback / Help' started by revhtree, Aug 4, 2017.

1. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I definitely love the mobile site. I use Tapatalk for...nothing...ever... ;)

revhtree likes this.

2. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Super Duper Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Toys For Kids Sponsor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Not even for push alerts? Gotta know when a thread is exploding. Like the infamous "mods stop" thread....

3. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

LOLOL My phone would be push notifying me non-stop. :p :D I'm good with just watching the alerts tab on the mobile browser.

4. qing d feng

qing d feng Member

thanks a lot for this info

5. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thanks for trying it out!

6. Terence

Terence Valuable Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

When I tap on the link from an email alert, should it take me right to the end of the thread? It does not do that on my phone.

7. revhtree

revhtree Owner Administrator Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yes it should and it does for me!

8. Terence

Do you run on iOS?

9. revhtree

Yes I have an iphone.

10. Terence

OK, figured it out. This link-from-email-to-thread feature will ONLY work if you are logged into R2R in your mobile browser. If you currently have your browser in "Private" mode, or you are not logged in, it will not work. It would be nice if the link in the email would have in it the actual post link so that regardless of your logged in status, you would land on the most recent post.

All cleared up now. Now if only I could have my email notifications go back to the way they were a month or so ago :)

revhtree likes this.
  11. revhtree

Probably user error.... :p

Kidding. You should start seeing full text.

12. Terence

OMG - My first one just came in! THANK YOU!

13. revhtree

Because I love you...

14. jason2459

jason2459 Not a paid scientist R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

I'm not seeing any text in my emails either anymore. I'm logged into tapatalk and the mobile browser practically 24/7

15. Grey Guy

Grey Guy Active Member

I use tapatalk and the web site. They both have there advantages. Tapatalk gets you to your own stuff faster, while the web site gives you everything there is on R2R.

16. revhtree

Thanks for being a member! Can you tell me how you get to your content faster?

With the mobile site it takes me two clicks. One click on the iphone screen to open the site and one click on the my threads link. :)

17. Grey Guy

Grey Guy Active Member

I haven't tried that yet. But Tapatalk gives me a list of recent posts and updates them, and that with 1 or 2 clicks. I will try your suggestion and see how I like it. I visit both sites several many times each day.

18. jason2459

For me tapatalk I like the black theme, the following threads (and shows those read with out clicking show read), ease of switching/swiping between unread and following threads, ease of uploading pictures from my phone where all my pictures are, easier multi quoting, easier on my eyes, easier to edit posts right away (like I've just done a few times), easier to switch between different forums from multiple hobbies and this hobby like Neptune's forum, more thumb use friendly, easier to swip through pages of a thread, and I'm sure there's more.

For the mobile web page I like the advanced editing, my threads link, being able to get a link to a thread with the thread title in it, and I'm sure there's more.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Grey Guy likes this.
  19. Grey Guy

Grey Guy Active Member

Right! Al I'm suggesting is that we all could benefit from using both. So which ever one you are not using, you should try it. So I am in total agreement with the original post. I'm just saying "Why not do both?"

20. jason2459

Yep, both FTW.

Draft saved Draft deleted