R2R App and Tapatalk Users Are Missing Out

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way I knew how to get on with my iPhone. I even added the link button several months back because I got tired of typing in the web page.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not really, that's the only "hole" IMO. I keep Tapatalk around because they have implemented "persistent" push alerts. What that means is that when you are watching a thread, you get a push alert for every single reply, whether or not you have visited the forum since the last reply. So you'll get an email for the newest one since you last viewed, but after that you don't get another email until you view the specific thread. Tapatalk serves that purpose for me, and that purpose only.

I only use TT when I have to view a thread via my phone on a forum that doesn't use Xenforo. Because, the 90s are over man. Over.

OUCH......... so you telling me the 90's are gone.......... go figure as I just got again a new super duty HD Diesel truck and the sales guy told me it has a Bluetooth thingie without braces and they can't build in my car-phone anymore
mobile.jpg

It had poor service anyway so maybe I need to upgrade.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried so hard but I can't get it to work on my phone and the sales guy told me it's the newest of the latest..........

dial phone.jpg
Cant wait for the day I no longer need to work and ditch the phone altogether! Or at least the smart part of the phone and go back to something like this :)

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mobile version is all I use especially since I use Facebook to sign in I would have to create a new profile to use the app

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not really, that's the only "hole" IMO. I keep Tapatalk around because they have implemented "persistent" push alerts. What that means is that when you are watching a thread, you get a push alert for every single reply, whether or not you have visited the forum since the last reply. So you'll get an email for the newest one since you last viewed, but after that you don't get another email until you view the specific thread. Tapatalk serves that purpose for me, and that purpose only.

I only use TT when I have to view a thread via my phone on a forum that doesn't use Xenforo. Because, the 90s are over man. Over.
WAAAY over! LOL. Thanks for the feedback!

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the mobile version! I can access R2R at work, when i get bored, as long as I don't get caught! AND there's no browser history on my computer to bust me with!!!;)

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upload photo's from my iphone all the time, I've never received that error.

Yeah I've never seen that either...pretty odd

Very strange. I'm wondering if it's because iPhone is taking them now as "live photos" and they don't get converted to standard image files until export. Are you both using the latest iOS and phones or older versions? I'm on the iPhone 7+ running the latest OS. :(

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iPhone 6 iOS 10.3.3

Hrrm, I've tried from both my iPhone 7+ (running iOS 11) but also my iPad Mini (running 10.3.1) with the same error message. Maybe I'll try on my iPad Pro tonight though I suspect the issue is with "live photos" in iOS. I'll have to try a standard image I imported from my camera to see if that works.

Edit: I tested and regular images upload. It's the "live photo" variety that are getting the error. Is there a specific extension maybe for these photos that needs to be allowed?

@revhtree - it seems the "live photos" in iOS are stored as JPEG extensions. Is that allowed currently?

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back