R2R....my Reefing Safe Haven

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you found that and also glad to have you here! We always need a “few good men and women” to help us teach the newer generation!
Rev since we’re on the subject of how much this website means to us,, why don’t you share a pic of item I sent you expressing how much this place means to me.
I wouldn’t mind

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rev since we’re on the subject of how much this website means to us,, why don’t you share a pic of item I sent you expressing how much this place means to me.
I wouldn’t mind

Well since it’s not private to you then I will proudly show it off! I literally got chills when I opened it and read the letter. It’s priceless to me now!!

Tell the story bro!

7DDCC313-0BBA-47A4-A8E9-22E4CF57012B.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn’t mind
NICE,i remember when you found and cleaned :cool:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R is it. I dont do Facebook, I dont do local forums (pretty much silent anyway) I do have an account on another forum, but I haven't posted on it, and dont really intend to.
This place and all the great people (yes even you to @Billldg :p ) Are all I need. Plus ya'll keep me busy as it is, who has time for anything else :D

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not on Facebook or any other social media or other Forums , approximately 5 years ago I decided to switch from FW to SW (always wanted to but scared) and I found R2R and the help, patience and encouragement I got from members here was unbelievable, I will admit I had a little “meltdown “ because I had posted a thread a And got no response, well I got quite a few responses after that and I will never forget the 95 % positive and encouraging responses , especially from you @revhtree , seriously thank you , I’ll never forget your response and kindness instead of saying “ well if your not happy here just leave.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R2R is it. I dont do Facebook, I dont do local forums (pretty much silent anyway) I do have an account on another forum, but I haven't posted on it, and dont really intend to.
This place and all the great people (yes even you to @Billldg :p ) Are all I need. Plus ya'll keep me busy as it is, who has time for anything else :D
How long do you have to be here to get your own badge? Idk the history behind your glitter fairy badge but since it just got all nostalgic here I'd like to know :)
I also want my own psychedelic mushroom related badge but do understand I have to earn it first. Still want one though haha.

This is actually really cool for new reefers.
Glad this thread was started:)

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding!!! When am I not in need. WELL, except for the plumbing on my upgrade, I hear tell you have a tendency to create leaks, LOL!!! Just ask @4FordFamily if you need a reminder. ;) ;Hilarious :p

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you kidding!!! When am I not in need. WELL, except for the plumbing on my upgrade, I hear tell you have a tendency to create leaks, LOL!!! Just ask @4FordFamily if you need a reminder. ;) ;Hilarious :p
He can't prove that! His leak and my being at his house just HAPPEN to coincide.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you have to be here to get your own badge? Idk the history behind your glitter fairy badge but since it just got all nostalgic here I'd like to know :)
I also want my own psychedelic mushroom related badge but do understand I have to earn it first. Still want one though haha.

It's not a matter of how long you've been here, it's a matter of how mad you made everybody here ;Hilarious;Hilarious
giphy.gif

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Instant history of the glitter badge.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not on Facebook or any other social media or other Forums , approximately 5 years ago I decided to switch from FW to SW (always wanted to but scared) and I found R2R and the help, patience and encouragement I got from members here was unbelievable, I will admit I had a little “meltdown “ because I had posted a thread a And got no response, well I got quite a few responses after that and I will never forget the 95 % positive and encouraging responses , especially from you @revhtree , seriously thank you , I’ll never forget your response and kindness instead of saying “ well if your not happy here just leave.

Humbling!!! So glad you’re here!

sas226

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, no. I have completely separate social media accounts specifically for reefing stuff. People just don't understand the addiction. lol

Thank goodness for R2R. :)
I recently separated social medias for things like this. It's actually so much better, A little more management but If I want to see reefing stuff I can easy, if I want other stuff it's easy. really is the best idea.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only share reef stuff here, but I am on Twitter for political reasons (I am a very politically inclined person and like to stay up to date). I may occasionally share reef pics on Twitter but R2R is the only place I feel safe to really share information about m tank & processes.

Jamo7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it here. I have “stupid” questions and I also have “stupid” answers. If anything I’ve been told I’m stupid here in a nice way and I prefer that. But that’s why I joined. I’m not all knowing and I would never claim to be and I don’t like being put down. If I don’t know about something I want to be politely informed not beat up. I’m not on any other social media other than r2r. I seek information about my fish tank not my personal life that’s what I have friends for, and my friends know nothing about reefing (well there are some but it’s a different reefing) I would trust more from what I read here than anywhere else. I live in a town of 20,000ish and I’m pretty sure there are only 2-3 salt water tanks that I know of. And mine is 1.

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since it’s not private to you then I will proudly show it off! I literally got chills when I opened it and read the letter. It’s priceless to me now!!

Tell the story bro!

7DDCC313-0BBA-47A4-A8E9-22E4CF57012B.jpeg
This piece is my most prized ocean find from offshore in over 200ft of water, it’s bronze but I don’t think to old because of the way it’s made

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This piece is my most prized ocean find from offshore in over 200ft of water, it’s bronze but I don’t think to old because of the way it’s made
looks pretty darn old to me,def not production made imo ,see lots of imperfections do not think molded :cool:

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of you ever try to talk reef on other platforms and social media?

I’m not saying this because I own Reef2Reef but man....it’s a jungle out there!! It’s truly rough! I just browsed a topic “somewhere” and people are rough!

It’s nice to have a place where we mostly get along and are civil 99% of the time!! Ha!

R2R....my Reefing Safe Haven!
Yes, This is one of the reason I had chosen reef2reef to be reef-pi's home. The forum code of conduct, and your attitude/charachter something I could trust dearly. Community safeguarding is a huge issue in general, including software development. Opensource development communities are converging around covenant code of conduct to tackle this. And you can see its very much inline with how you/r2r staff members have shepherd the community. With respect, dignity and transparency.
Thank you

Back