R2R Newbie

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have been on R2R since last 3 or 4 years (helped me with a lot of questions I have had over the years) however never registered (Sorry).

I live in AZ and I have been keeping freshwater since I was 10 and saltwater tanks since I was 18 (I am 30 right now).

I was in and out of corals because I am a lazy reefer and to sustain as a lazy reefer you need to have money for neptune products to automate your tank and not totally depend on dollar store timers.

I bought bunch of neptune products 3 years ago and guess what? I got ich and my tank crashed, which left me pretty devastated because it was a 7 year old system and my fishes where big and healthy.

It happened because one day I thought it would be cool if I had some $10 clown fishes to host my lonely anenomies (also I never quarentine ever).

It took that one thought to destroy everything. I lost half of my fishes (included 1 gem tang which my wife still thinks costed me $100 only sshhhh....!!! She can't google it coz I call it polka tang), and other half after several treatments and shocks died in display.

Now I am building a new tank, from scratch. So hopefully I will have some people to share my experience with.

First thing what I am doing to save the initial cost is that I am buying tanks that people are selling on offerup for cheap and quarantining their fishes and bleaching those live rocks. I have 4 quarentine tank setup. Lol

Thanks for reading.

I will keep you guys posted :)

15926001831625276793645751446275.jpg

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have been on R2R since last 3 or 4 years (helped me with a lot of questions I have had over the years) however never registered (Sorry).

I live in AZ and I have been keeping freshwater since I was 10 and saltwater tanks since I was 18 (I am 30 right now).

I was in and out of corals because I am a lazy reefer and to sustain as a lazy reefer you need to have money for neptune products to automate your tank and not totally depend on dollar store timers.

I bought bunch of neptune products 3 years ago and guess what? I got ich and my tank crashed, which left me pretty devastated because it was a 7 year old system and my fishes where big and healthy.

It happened because one day I thought it would be cool if I had some $10 clown fishes to host my lonely anenomies (also I never quarentine ever).

It took that one thought to destroy everything. I lost half of my fishes (included 1 gem tang which my wife still thinks costed me $100 only sshhhh....!!! She can't google it coz I call it polka tang), and other half after several treatments and shocks died in display.

Now I am building a new tank, from scratch. So hopefully I will have some people to share my experience with.

First thing what I am doing to save the initial cost is that I am buying tanks that people are selling on offerup for cheap and quarantining their fishes and bleaching those live rocks. I have 4 quarentine tank setup. Lol

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to R2R. Hope the new setup goes well.

scottkoji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Thanks for reading.

I was in the same exact boat for a very long time - used it all the time but never registered. We were missing out. Its a great community. Welcome!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R family! Nothing to be sorry about. My join date is 2014, didn’t get my first tank until 2015 and my first post wasn’t until July 2017. You should start a build thread in the member tanks forum. It’s a great way to track the progress of your tank. Don’t forget to add lots of pic. This crowd loves pics!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back