Racing extinction

  • Thread starter Thread starter kschweer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Its aa great channel to learn but some stuff taken with a grain of salt :)
I hear you man. I work with a young man a shark researcher Jonathan Davis. He was doing Bull Shark research in New Orleans/Lake Ponchatrain when Discovery approached him to be on Shark Week. Out of that came the Rookin voodoo shark episode. He felt very betrayed. Quotes out of context and not being able to see what he was being attached to beforehand.
 
Watched it today. The last bird singing for a mate brought a tear to my eye. The whale shark being cut up did too. A few years ago I got to snorkel with a whale shark in Mexico. It's an amazing experience I will never forget. In little Cayman I got to tour a research facility where one of the projects they're working on is reef restoration. They monitor the water parameters to see what could cause bleaching events. Years ago their stag horn coral population was nearly wiped out so they're propagating new colonies to transplant out into the reef. I would love to take part in a project like that some day.
 
Watched it today. The last bird singing for a mate brought a tear to my eye. The whale shark being cut up did too. A few years ago I got to snorkel with a whale shark in Mexico. It's an amazing experience I will never forget. In little Cayman I got to tour a research facility where one of the projects they're working on is reef restoration. They monitor the water parameters to see what could cause bleaching events. Years ago their stag horn coral population was nearly wiped out so they're propagating new colonies to transplant out into the reef. I would love to take part in a project like that some day.
Yeah the bird calling for a mate got me as well.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new