Racoon Butterfly

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,434
Reaction score
2,437
Location
Haverhill, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted a bright colorful fish. For a long time I wanted a copperband butterfly, but all the horror stories turned me away.

I ended getting a racoon butterfly, and this guy is an amazing fish. He never once hid from anyone. He's not intimidated by the other bigger fish. He is just a cool, healthy, pretty fish.

I highly recommend one of these guys.
 

Attachments

  • VID20260517151528.mp4
    10.2 MB
Keep an eye on him if you have corals. These guys are not even considered reef safe-with caution.
 
Mine is in a FOWLR, so I sleep like a baby. 🛌
 
I love them... does it pick on coral or eat you CUC?

Beautiful fish! I'm also wondering about the coral picking.

Keep an eye on him if you have corals. These guys are not even considered reef safe-with caution.
He's in a fowlr, so I can't say for sure about the corals. When he was in QT I put in some SPS clippings and he didn't touch them.

In my display, I have a porcupinefish, chainlink eel, and harlequin tusk. With all those, I still have some crabs and snails, so I would think he leaves them alone. Any bi-valve (mussel, clam, oyster) LOOK OUT!!!
Mine is in a FOWLR, so I sleep like a baby. 🛌

Same!
 
I was headed down the same path. Looking for copperbands . Along the way I bought some others to cut my teeth . I figured I would gain some experience in the meantime . I so love the white collar pakaistani that I would rather have a grouping of those rather than copperbands
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new