Radion AB+ or bust?!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stock Ab+ vs the stock radiance profile, what's the main difference in channels?

FedEx just dropped off my new XR15 blue G6 and RMS arm. I won't be home till tomorrow night and can't wait to have a real light going lol.. does the Radeon still have the shimmer effect as that's what I liked about the prime 16 but what I didn't like was all the shadowing going on and hopefully the Radeon will solve that issue.
I think AB+ is 100% of everything on the Radion Blues. I find the radiance template (at least my variation of it) more appealing to the eye.

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ right out of the box is what I run as well gen 5 xr15. I run my schedule at 98% (basically 100%) from 11am to 10pm so it is a bit longer than the pre programmed schedule. I also have the xho kit from reefbrite for the xr15 as supplemental light.

If it helps, here’s my par map.
IMG_2603.jpeg

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AB+ right out of the box is what I run as well gen 5 xr15. I run my schedule at 98% (basically 100%) from 11am to 10pm so it is a bit longer than the pre programmed schedule. I also have the xho kit from reefbrite for the xr15 as supplemental light.

IMG_2603.jpeg
Great stuff. Ty. Is that the radions only? Or w both

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

IMG_2603.jpeg
I have a similar stag.
IMG_9311.jpeg

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always used the AB plus program but discovered how weak the par was with XR15 lights. I run mine at 100% intensity now on a 36x22x22 tank.
Can ask what kind of par reading you were getting with the gen 5 xr15 pro ? I run the blue version of the g5 xr 15s but have never took a par reading since I switched from the xr 30’s

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried some of the big name coral sellers lighting profiles? @TopShelfAquatics has theirs on their site to DL... As does @WWC I believe.
Top shelf does and last I looked WWC was running xr 30’s but not sure which generation they are . I have tried their light schedule but my tanks were smaller and it wasn’t right for me .

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can ask what kind of par reading you were getting with the gen 5 xr15 pro ? I run the blue version of the g5 xr 15s but have never took a par reading since I switched from the xr 30’s
At 100% I get 350 just below the surface, 250 mid tank and 125 sandbed. Tank is 36x22x22 and I run diffusers but par meter only register like 15 maybe 20 par reduction with them on versus off. 30s are way better lights for par. Gen 6 have built in diffusers. At 50% intensity corals died 70% they survived somewhat but no growth. 100% thriving growth and color.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 100% I get 350 just below the surface, 250 mid tank and 125 sandbed. Tank is 36x22x22 and I run diffusers but par meter only register like 15 maybe 20 par reduction with them on versus off. 30s are way better lights for par. Gen 6 have built in diffusers. At 50% intensity corals died 70% they survived somewhat but no growth. 100% thriving growth and color.
Good to know :thinking-face:. Thanks !!:smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

OP
OP
FoolishWizard

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice breakdown... Yeah my coral are surviving but def not thriving nor getting their color back. Im going to bump my intensity.

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think AB+ is 100% of everything on the Radion Blues. I find the radiance template (at least my variation of it) more appealing to the eye.
Thank you, yeah something tells me the AB+ is all blues at 100% and reds,greens and warm and possibly cool white at 25%

Have you had any issues with the time shift especially the start of the month? My Vortech pumps need to be checked on the first day of the month and then need to select current time and then set my time zone. It's been like that for months with the pumps and curious if you've noticed it as well especially with the lights?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, yeah something tells me the AB+ is all blues at 100% and reds,greens and warm and possibly cool white at 25%

Have you had any issues with the time shift especially the start of the month? My Vortech pumps need to be checked on the first day of the month and then need to select current time and then set my time zone. It's been like that for months with the pumps and curious if you've noticed it as well especially with the lights?
I don't run any Vortechs, but I've had no end of problems getting Radions to come back on properly after any kind of power outage.

They always have umpteen clock errors and I seem to be running troubleshooting to fix issues at least once a month. Mobius sucks...

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't run any Vortechs, but I've had no end of problems getting Radions to come back on properly after any kind of power outage.

They always have umpteen clock errors and I seem to be running troubleshooting to fix issues at least once a month. Mobius sucks...
Strange, my mobius works great and all my ecotech components stay connected and current on time and date along with firmware.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange, my mobius works great and all my ecotech components stay connected and current on time and date along with firmware.
I've had 2 power outages now (one planned, one unplanned) and the last XR15 always fails to power back on. I have a work-around but it's still a PITA.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve had plenty of power outages through the years and have never had a issue that the lights didn’t come back on when power is restored . Mylights have always been on a separate surge protected power strip . Could that be your issue ? And have you done a factory reset . Mine are all xr15’s g5 blues and knock on wood but I’ve not experienced that . I did have a ballast go bad on a mp40 which wouldn’t come back on automatically after power outages . I always had to manually turn it off then back on for it to work but once I replaced the ballast it fixed the issue . Agreed that möbius sucks though . :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had plenty of power outages through the years and have never had a issue that the lights didn’t come back on when power is restored . Mylights have always been on a separate surge protected power strip . Could that be your issue ? And have you done a factory reset . Mine are all xr15’s g5 blues and knock on wood but I’ve not experienced that . I did have a ballast go bad on a mp40 which wouldn’t come back on automatically after power outages . I always had to manually turn it off then back on for it to work but once I replaced the ballast it fixed the issue . Agreed that möbius sucks though . :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
Yes, the lights are all on the same power bar - so it's very weird. The last time the light didn't power up I did a factory reset- which didn't resolve the issue as it happened again during a subsequent power putage.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the lights are all on the same power bar - so it's very weird. The last time the light didn't power up I did a factory reset- which didn't resolve the issue as it happened again during a subsequent power putage.
Might be a bad power brick on that one light . Don’t know how you would test it but in my case I was able to swap bricks with the other map 40 I had to find out that the one I switched with then didn’t come back on .

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a bad power brick on that one light . Don’t know how you would test it but in my case I was able to swap bricks with the other map 40 I had to find out that the one I switched with then didn’t come back on .
Power brick is fine (swapped it out with a different one and the issue persisted). Trust me, it's an EcoTech gremlin of the first order... :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

The fix is: unplug the power brick from the power source, wait 1 minute for the blue light to fade and then plug it back in.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a XR30 G5 Blue over my 23“ cube
AB+ 100% all channels and 100% intensity for 6hrs and then 4hrs without any white/green/red

I was shocked to see the par readings…. kinda low for such a light imo

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back