Radion G4 moonlight setting

Rostato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve searched and searched. I’ve asked on the FB page. And for some reason I can’t find any info out there.

What is then best/correct setting on radion G4’s and 3’s for moonlight? I’m using mobius and running the royal blues at 5% and 100% intensity. And I have the moonlight setting checked.

This seems to give me either a very bright tank or a completely dark tank. Nothing really in between. What am I doing wrong? Or are they trying to force people to the G5’s because the have actual “moonlights.”

Any ideas?

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you trying to do?

Light the tank all night or just a ramp down moonlight effect?

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "think" you have to use the mobius lunar feature to get "moonlight". I'm pretty sure it lasts for 3 hours after the regular lights shut off.(Oh, I have the gen 5s)
With that said I have lunar disabled. At 8PM(my lights shut off) I have that time spot set for 1% blue, all other colors set for 0%(point intensity is set at 100% on my program and schedule intensity is where I set "brightness"). I added another time spot at 1AM and set that the same as the 8pm time spot(1% blue). Then I added another time spot at 1:15 and set the blue to 0%. Now I get 1% blue light from 8PM to 1AM and then it ramps down to all light off at 1:15AM.
Mobius is a pain-I think it was designed by Germans-over thought.

OP
OP
Rostato

Rostato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I "think" you have to use the mobius lunar feature to get "moonlight". I'm pretty sure it lasts for 3 hours after the regular lights shut off.(Oh, I have the gen 5s)
With that said I have lunar disabled. At 8PM(my lights shut off) I have that time spot set for 1% blue, all other colors set for 0%(point intensity is set at 100% on my program and schedule intensity is where I set "brightness"). I added another time spot at 1AM and set that the same as the 8pm time spot(1% blue). Then I added another time spot at 1:15 and set the blue to 0%. Now I get 1% blue light from 8PM to 1AM and then it ramps down to all light off at 1:15AM.
Mobius is a pain-I think it was designed by Germans-over thought.
Yeah I’m running the lunar setting with royals at 5%. But it’s either on very bright or off for like half the month.

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's because so is the moon over a month-think full moon,half moon,1/4 moon.
That's why I did it my way---having a Current USA Marine IC Pro(at one time,not no more) taught me my way.

OP
OP
Rostato

Rostato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fine with like a day or two with no light, but I have no light for like 11 days

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back