Radion gen 4 pro light schedule question???

Straight.Reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know most people are running coral AB plus schedule and its obviously proven and works, but it’s just too blue for my liking and was thinking of running 14k spectrum instead.....

Will this schedule work for mainly sps and lps?? I just never see anyone talking about schedules besides the coral lab ones

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could be wrong, but I believe the schedules are mostly baselines/guidelines as many if not most reefers adjust them to suit their needs/preferences. If you google "Radion Schedules" you'll find a lot of them that have been altered.

dvmsn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ab plus. Sorry, growth isn't completely lacking, but it ridiculously slow. I abandoned it for the wwc 900, which also produces slow growth. I have been running radions for several years with the sps growth program with success. Those tanks we're all open top with the lights mounted at least 15 inches off the water. My current tank has a canopy so the lights sit much closer and the spotting (gen 3) just nukes corals. I have purchased the $ 65 design flaw replacements ( I am sorry, diffusers) and hope I can run a more full spectrum, higher output schedule without cooking everything.

OP
OP
Straight.Reefin

Straight.Reefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ab plus. Sorry, growth isn't completely lacking, but it ridiculously slow. I abandoned it for the wwc 900, which also produces slow growth. I have been running radions for several years with the sps growth program with success. Those tanks we're all open top with the lights mounted at least 15 inches off the water. My current tank has a canopy so the lights sit much closer and the spotting (gen 3) just nukes corals. I have purchased the $ 65 design flaw replacements ( I am sorry, diffusers) and hope I can run a more full spectrum, higher output schedule without cooking everything.

What is different from the coral ab plus schedule and the WWC 900 schedule??

I heard the diffusers work pretty good and give more of a T5 spread, I have the gen 4 pros now but eventually when my mini colonies get bigger I’ll either add more radions or diffusers to reduce possible shadowing...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back