Radion light settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lariat8099

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48x18x16 rimless tank with 3 Radion pros on RMS arms. Needing help on light settings with a SPS LPS softies mix tank. Sometimes it looks to bright with the Coral Lab AB settings. ZOAS are closing. Mushrooms are thriving. Can't get a happy medium. Can anyone advise??

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30" deep and running G4 pros, running coral lave AB+ settings, everything seems happy i bump up intensity 5% a week and am at 65% intensity getting about 320 par 8" below the surface. Planning to go to 75%

ReeferRoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you messed with flow at all? I move my stuff around until it finds a happy place. My zoas all seem to like moderate flow and whatever light they get at the bottom of the tank.

creas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is kind of shallow and you have three lights so I would start around 35%. Set the acclimation timer to come up to 60% over three weeks. Pay attention to the corals and see how they do. I had a 45 gallon tank that was only 17 inches tall and eventually got up to almost 70% but it took a while. Also this link will help you estimate PAR: http://www.aquaticlog.com/radion

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start with the SPS AB+ and tweet from there. As mentioned, start off slow with these lights! Our eyes perception is allot different that what the lights are putting out. The same thing happened to me and I burnt up some nice colonies:oops: I'm up to 67% with a 22" deep tank but it's been three months getting there;) What are you using to control your lights?

sn2per

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you got access to a PAR meter?? It's really the only way to see what light you are putting into the tank. You are also in the trickier position of keeping SPS and LPS together it can be done of course but the corals requirements can be very different and lighting is only a single example of that. SPS tends to need cleaner water than LPS and the lighting spectrums for certain types of corals is very different. What where the results of your last set of water tests??

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
What’s a good start point for radions? Currently moving from 4 hydra 32 at 70% to 2 radion XR30

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back