Radion light settings

  • Thread starter Thread starter lariat8099
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lariat8099

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2016
Messages
399
Reaction score
175
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48x18x16 rimless tank with 3 Radion pros on RMS arms. Needing help on light settings with a SPS LPS softies mix tank. Sometimes it looks to bright with the Coral Lab AB settings. ZOAS are closing. Mushrooms are thriving. Can't get a happy medium. Can anyone advise??
 
I have a 30" deep and running G4 pros, running coral lave AB+ settings, everything seems happy i bump up intensity 5% a week and am at 65% intensity getting about 320 par 8" below the surface. Planning to go to 75%
 
Have you messed with flow at all? I move my stuff around until it finds a happy place. My zoas all seem to like moderate flow and whatever light they get at the bottom of the tank.
 
Your tank is kind of shallow and you have three lights so I would start around 35%. Set the acclimation timer to come up to 60% over three weeks. Pay attention to the corals and see how they do. I had a 45 gallon tank that was only 17 inches tall and eventually got up to almost 70% but it took a while. Also this link will help you estimate PAR: http://www.aquaticlog.com/radion
 
Start with the SPS AB+ and tweet from there. As mentioned, start off slow with these lights! Our eyes perception is allot different that what the lights are putting out. The same thing happened to me and I burnt up some nice colonies:oops: I'm up to 67% with a 22" deep tank but it's been three months getting there;) What are you using to control your lights?
 
Have you got access to a PAR meter?? It's really the only way to see what light you are putting into the tank. You are also in the trickier position of keeping SPS and LPS together it can be done of course but the corals requirements can be very different and lighting is only a single example of that. SPS tends to need cleaner water than LPS and the lighting spectrums for certain types of corals is very different. What where the results of your last set of water tests??
 
What’s a good start point for radions? Currently moving from 4 hydra 32 at 70% to 2 radion XR30
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new