Radion Lights randomly going out of sync, doing their own thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

arcangelreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very quickly losing confidence in these lights.
I have 5 XR15's. 2 G6 and 3 G5's.
Too many instances I've had these lights randomly just decide to do its own thing.
Ive woken up in the morning to having just a single light on doing who knows what when it should be off.
Ive come home to having a light seemingly running at 100% since i can hear the fan going non stop and the colour under that light looks off from my regular schedule. I cant for sure say its at 100% but its definitely not doing what the other lights are regardless of what mobius tells me. And its not always the same light. which leads me to believe its not a singular issue but a systemic issue with these lights.

Other day i tried to do some testing on some other lights so i setup a new tank in mobius and connected those lights, my display lights lost their minds. Even at one point trying to sync them all back up they forgot what time it i was.. running the schedule like it was 7:30 am when even in the app in settings it clearly showed the correct time.

Searching the web, it seems this is a common problem with radions and mobius. I found it hilarious, if anyone here watches reefbum's podcasts, keith had dong zou on and he told a story about a light that randomly went to 100%. Keith knew exactly what kind of light it was and reminded dong not to mention the brand since they sponsor his podcast. We all know what brand it was. Funny.

Anyone who owns radions must have dealt with these issues.
WHAT are you doing to combat this? is there something a guy can do to eliminate this from happening? Is there a firmware update or app update available I don't know about?

I work out of town a fair bit, I would like to be confident that my lights are going to be doing what they're suppose to do. Its starting to look like the only way to achieve that is to switch to a different brand. Maybe this is an issue all brands have?? I haven't done the research on that yet. Even if that's the case then what the heck? These lights are very expensive, i cannot believe this is the best that can be done.

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same issue with my radions using mobius. It definitely seems like a problem with mobius, because I have a similar problem with mp40’s staying in sync. I’m hoping there is a fix for this as well.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to down grade the firmware and went back to reeflink. What a shame to whoever came up the möbius.

OP
OP
A

arcangelreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplugging the device for a minute and plugging back in fixes it for me.
No way anyone should settle for this. Great it fixes it till the next time it happens. This pretty much amounts to the replys ive recieved from ecotech. Absolutely ridiculous.

I had to down grade the firmware and went back to reeflink. What a shame to whoever came up the möbius.
Can this be done with the g5's and g6's?
Have you had any issues since?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way anyone should settle for this. Great it fixes it till the next time it happens. This pretty much amounts to the replys ive recieved from ecotech. Absolutely ridiculous.

Don’t think G5 or above can be ran by reeflink.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No way? Not just that, Nero Wavemakers too

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be the only person not having problems with Mobius or my Radion G6's. Mine have never given me any problems with connectivity or syncing issues. The only problem I had with them was they would randomly dim every so often. I'd hit resume schedule and they'd come back to the appropriate level. Turns out it was just the cloud effect I had turned on. Turned it off and no further problems.

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius seems to be the albatross of ecotech. It's eroding their status of being 'second to none"
I was of the opinion that Mobius was only really used for the initial setup/changing of the lights. Once the lights are setup and programmed as you like it They don't use Mobius again until you connect to them with the app. Am I mistaken here?

OP
OP
A

arcangelreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was of the opinion that Mobius was only really used for the initial setup/changing of the lights. Once the lights are setup and programmed as you like it They don't use Mobius again until you connect to them with the app. Am I mistaken here?
Yes I believe that’s correct. It’s a Bluetooth connection so I think it should only connect when the apps open.
so if the lights are going out of sync on their own, then it’s not really a mobius issue but a firmware issue.

ptrick21186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost wondering if it's communication issues between the 2 different generations. Do you noticed it happening to specific lights more than others....i.e. the G5s or G6s only? Or is it completely random?

OP
OP
A

arcangelreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost wondering if it's communication issues between the 2 different generations. Do you noticed it happening to specific lights more than others....i.e. the G5s or G6s only? Or is it completely random?
It’s random.
I originally had just the 3 G5’s. I had multiple instances of a light doing it’s own thing.
I added the 2 G6 a couple months ago and it’s happened to one of them all the same.
I don’t believe the lights communicate with each other. Don’t quote me on that though.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to be the only person not having problems with Mobius or my Radion G6's. Mine have never given me any problems with connectivity or syncing issues. The only problem I had with them was they would randomly dim every so often. I'd hit resume schedule and they'd come back to the appropriate level. Turns out it was just the cloud effect I had turned on. Turned it off and no further problems.
That's the frustrating part. I think we can lump ourselves in 3 categories. Ones that are experiencing issues, ones that are not, and ones that don't know they're having issues.

I thought everything was fine until I came downstairs in the middle of the night to find a radion on full blast. It explained coral issues and not to mention fish stress.

People's frustration stems from the lack of alternatives. If we could revert back to esl, I think people would welcome that as a band-aid and be more forgiving until issues with mobius gets resolved.

But the only way most of the etm line up will work is with mobius. Not to mention versa's solely relies on it because of the lack of physical buttons.

However I'm optimistic, given ecotechs track record when faced with issues like this, they always solve the issue. But for a lot of people it's too little too late, they've fallen from grace and it will take a lot gain back their trust.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius seems to be the albatross of ecotech. It's eroding their status of being 'second to none"
If that’s the case, they need to step up their games to fix it before another company come up with something similar or better that completely swallow it’s market.

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I never said we should settle for this . You think I want to do this nonsense everytime it disconnects?

just letting him know what to do because Ecotech is obviously not trying to fix the issue.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never said we should settle for this . You think I want to do this nonsense everytime it disconnects?

just letting him know what to do because Ecotech is obviously not trying to fix the issue.
Same with the Reeflink that I need to format it and reinstall. Also same with my nero 5, on average I have to soak it in vinegar once every two weeks because that dang red light will flash and it stops working. It might be normal for others but it’s annoying to me, I don’t clean my jebaos intentionally and they worked flawless.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with the Reeflink that I need to format it and reinstall. Also same with my nero 5, on average I have to soak it in vinegar once every two weeks because that dang red light will flash and it stops working. It might be normal for others but it’s annoying to me, I don’t clean my jebaos intentionally and they worked flawless.
Out of curiosity, do you dose kalk slurry?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back