Radion "Point Intensity" vs "Schedule Intensity"

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I just recently watched a video from WWC, in which Josh talks about how he sets his Radion schedules to have a schedule intensity of 100%, but changes the "point" intensity to be less than 100%.

Currently I have my lights set as follows:

1695743765971.png

However I have the overall schedule set to 85%.

Should I update the program to have my schedule set to 100%, but adjust the point intensity down to 85%.

I'm not sure if both of those accomplish the same exact goal, or if it would actually yield different results.

Thanks so much!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one Radion, but I strongly advise that you pay more attention to a hobbyist and not WWC. The last that I saw, they had theirs up high above their tanks which has different dynamics than a regular tank where the lights are not 24-30 inches off of the water.

My Radion is a few feet off of the water and I run all channels like 85 or 90%.

Free bump for more to weigh in.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one Radion, but I strongly advise that you pay more attention to a hobbyist and not WWC. The last that I saw, they had theirs up high above their tanks which has different dynamics than a regular tank where the lights are not 24-30 inches off of the water.

My Radion is a few feet off of the water and I run all channels like 85 or 90%.

Free bump for more to weigh in.
Totally get what your saying about how they run their lights. That video was the only one where they were talking about the "point intensity" vs schedule intensity.

My main question is if it's exactly the same if you run your schedule at 100%, and say point intensity at 70%; compared to your schedule at 70%, and point intensity at 100%

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually do the other way, and set intensity with schedule. I set all my point intensities at 100% except for the start and end. Then I set the overall power with the schedule intensity. I just find it easier to adjust as needed that way. That said the way Josh suggested in the video will work fine as well, and is the way to do it if you want to have say a lower intensity at different parts of your schedule, or run one of those parabola type schedules.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually do the other way, and set intensity with schedule. I set all my point intensities at 100% except for the start and end. Then I set the overall power with the schedule intensity. I just find it easier to adjust as needed that way. That said the way Josh suggested in the video will work fine as well, and is the way to do it if you want to have say a lower intensity at different parts of your schedule, or run one of those parabola type schedules.
appreciate the feedback!

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to control intensity by using the schedule intensity until I set it at zero and my lights were still on and very bright. Now I set the schedule intensity at 100% and control brightness(intensity) with point intensity. If I set point intensity to zero all lights are off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back