Radion SPS AB+ Schedule

flowerreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, very excited about this new light and followed the LFS store's advice to download the SPS AB+ Schedule -- it's just so blue??! Makes it a little harder to see things than I'd like, but I feel like any tweaks to the schedule/lighting would compromise the program and coral growth results. Has anyone else had this experience? Any way to make it not quite as murky blue? I'm currently running it at 40% intensity.

Any thoughts/advice welcome. Thanks!

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run a schedule as white or blue as you like. I would say it comes down to personal preference. I run a modified ab schedule myself with more whites. What is more important is that you have adequate intensity for the corals you have

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run a schedule as white or blue as you like. I would say it comes down to personal preference. I run a modified ab schedule myself with more whites. What is more important is that you have adequate intensity for the corals you have
Agree, the reason the AB+ schedule is so blue is that it is geared towards growing coral.

OP
OP
F

flowerreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the feedback. I'll go mess around in the software and hope I can make sense of this!

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, very excited about this new light and followed the LFS store's advice to download the SPS AB+ Schedule -- it's just so blue??! Makes it a little harder to see things than I'd like, but I feel like any tweaks to the schedule/lighting would compromise the program and coral growth results. Has anyone else had this experience? Any way to make it not quite as murky blue? I'm currently running it at 40% intensity.

where did you find this download

Darth.Daddy12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep to the presets for best results.. I personally run the lps settings myself.

What you want to do is setup a personal file copying the factory specs of the program you want to run. You want to run the AB+ so setup your own with that same setting. Adjust the whites for only the time of day you are normally viewing the tank.

For example.. my tank doesn’t come in till 10. I run a slow 2 hr ramp up with just blues and violets. At 12 it starts ramping up in full LPS mode (not that different then the AB+) I normally get home at 4-5 and get settled by say 6. At 6 I have the whites programmed to ramp up to my likely till 8pm when I’m most actively seeing the tank. The whites I adjust just enough to be appealing wo over doing it. Then at 9 everything started 2 hour slow ramp down. Followed by 2h moonlight of 5% blues from 11-1 then dark till next day.

This allows me to have best perameters the corals need to grow while still having a good looking tank to me wo the added issue of extra lighting other times to induce algea growth in the display.

I also personally feel the reds and whites are little too high at 20-30% ranges unless your trying to blast some sps up top. Otherwise imop it’s best to reduce them down to 10-15 or 0 when not home. I run zero reds ever on tanks. That’s what I feed my algae for lighting under dontnwant it in the tank although reds do help make certain fish and coral colors pop like yellow, orange etc..

Back