Radion will not show up on Mobius

cale47

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
redding
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased 2 used xr15 gen 4’s and when I set up the tank on the Mobius app the first light connected first try after updating and when attempting to connect the second light Mobius acts as if it doesn’t it exist I’ve tried every fix power cycling factory resets iOS update location services cracked it open to make sure the RF module is secure even turned off every other Bluetooth device in the vicinity and set the phone right on the light while trying every fix so much hype around these lights but nobody mentioned their software is terrible has anyone discovered a real fix to this issue? I’m gonna try to connect the light to a computer tomorrow and update it through eco smart live but I’m not very confident based off how terrible the website runs. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me get this golden turd workin right
 
Did you check under legacy devices in mobius?

Perhaps one light already had mobius software and the other didn't. If that didn't work my next inquiry would be to make sure it has the mobius ready RF module.
Yep I updated one through legacy devices and went to do the second and it never appeared after that I opened up the case and located the RF module and it was nice and snug in there I’m thinking it’s a problem with EcoTechs software it just doesn’t work at the moment I downloaded EcoSmart live connection manager and it won’t even launch after installing
 
Upvote 0
If Mobius isn't seeing it maybe you RF module is bad. Otherwise, it works pretty flawlessly IME.
 
Upvote 0
One other thing, did you try a factory reset first?
 
Upvote 0
For anyone who comes across this thread because their Mobius light isn't showing up on the Mobius app.
Update the app.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new