Radion XR15 Blue PAR values ?

Ordovician_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2022
Messages
251
Reaction score
285
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running three Radion XR15 Blue lights on a Waterbox 190.5 (60.5" × 25.3" × 22.6") evenly spaced. Has anyone used a PAR meter on a similar setup that could give me some idea of what my values might be? I have been assuming 100ish at the bottom and 200-300 or so near the surface. Is this reasonable?
 
I am running three Radion XR15 Blue lights on a Waterbox 190.5 (60.5" × 25.3" × 22.6") evenly spaced. Has anyone used a PAR meter on a similar setup that could give me some idea of what my values might be? I have been assuming 100ish at the bottom and 200-300 or so near the surface. Is this reasonable?
That value will change based on possible chemicals in the water, etc etc. I would get a PAR meter - which many LFS will let you rent or borrow
 
I am running three Radion XR15 Blue lights on a Waterbox 190.5 (60.5" × 25.3" × 22.6") evenly spaced. Has anyone used a PAR meter on a similar setup that could give me some idea of what my values might be? I have been assuming 100ish at the bottom and 200-300 or so near the surface. Is this reasonable?
I ran xr15 g5s pro. On AB plus, I get about 200 par mid rock work which is about 8 inches deep. I’m changing out to xr30s to get 3-400
 
Last edited:
It will also be determined by how high you have the intensity set.
 
I am running three Radion XR15 Blue lights on a Waterbox 190.5 (60.5" × 25.3" × 22.6") evenly spaced. Has anyone used a PAR meter on a similar setup that could give me some idea of what my values might be? I have been assuming 100ish at the bottom and 200-300 or so near the surface. Is this reasonable?
What generation and mounting height?
 
Here is a par map by someone on a 60gal cube with a g6 xr15 you can use it as a basic guide I’d guess… lots of variables.
IMG_8418.png
 
Maybe im not so smart - there are so many variables that IMHO its not correct to use other tanks to estimate his PAR - BUT - the reason I said this - is I would like to hear the contrary viewpoint
 
Maybe im not so smart - there are so many variables that IMHO its not correct to use other tanks to estimate his PAR - BUT - the reason I said this - is I would like to hear the contrary viewpoint
Like I said a basic guide if anything.. lots of variables play Into it… I’d guess his is a little higher in places where multiple lights overlap.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new