Radion XR30 Question

VO3434

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a Radion XR30 think it's a gen 3 ... the ballast shows a sticker "quality inspected 04/2014"
anyway my question is when I plug it in it turns on but the up and down arrows do not seems to dim or brighten the light at all. It did not come with any other cord to connect to the computer. Is the unit defective? My time to return it is limited and I need to know. Thank you

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is probably programmed to someone else's system. I have Gen 3's and I never adjusted the light via anything but Feeling or my phone.
I know you can plug in a USB to change the setting also

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a Radion XR30 think it's a gen 3 ... the ballast shows a sticker "quality inspected 04/2014"
anyway my question is when I plug it in it turns on but the up and down arrows do not seems to dim or brighten the light at all. It did not come with any other cord to connect to the computer. Is the unit defective? My time to return it is limited and I need to know. Thank you
You can factory reset the device, the previous owner might have disabled the buttons and made all adjustments via a controller of some sort.

you'll need to download ESL and connect with a cable to make changes. Does the unit have the capacitive buttons?

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you need is a micro usb to usb cord to connect to a computer. Use Chrome and connect to eco smart live.com like the other person said it’s likely the previous user disabled the buttons.

OP
OP
VO3434

VO3434

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, thank you. I will need to get a micro usb to usb. Can I download the software to get into the Radion from the Ecotech website ?

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don’t really download anything you just create an account then plug in the Radion and go. I would recommend checking for any updates to the firmware or software and then create a schedule and program it. It’s pretty user friendly.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You don’t really download anything you just create an account then plug in the Radion and go. I would recommend checking for any updates to the firmware or software and then create a schedule and program it. It’s pretty user friendly.
Actually you do have to download the Connection Manager to control and adjust the lights for gen1's through gen 4's.

OP
OP
VO3434

VO3434

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I downloaded the app and signed up. Logged in. I still cannot do any manipulation of the presets of the light within the app.

When I click on "Aquarium Setup" nothing happens

When I click on "Manage Account" nothing happens

I click the Radion tab in the upper right and that gives me the Radion Aquarium Settings but if I try to change any of those it tries to save it and does not finish.

Have no idea what to do.
I even tried to set up a new profile and that did not help

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back