Ran out of Core7 3b and the replacement will not arrive until the 19th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kaiser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I realized that I ran out of Triton Core7 3B this morning, and upon searching, can't find the refill carton that I thought I had. I ordered the 5L Jugs a few days ago but they will not arrive until the 19th. I looked around and it lists 3B as Alkalinity + Trace, which is the same as 3a, but i'm assuming that is a mixture of different trace elements than 3b. I do have a container of the original base elements (the one that isn't core7) that was mistakenly sent to me around a year and a half ago, however I've previously been told that it isn't the same mixture. Is this something I can use to substitute until the refill jugs arrive? There is still a little 3b left in the dosing line, I doubt it will last more than a day though. Anyone got better ideas?

triton.jpg

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a whole liter of 1,2,3a, and 3b mixed and not going to use. It’s other methods though.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Julian@Triton,

I have had two containers of 3B for a while now, due to a spill of two containers of freshly made 3A solution. I also thought there is/was a difference, but I have recently read posts from Julian that said 3A and 3B are the same.
I am of the understanding that this has been the case all along and why they can be mixed.

I fully intend to mix and use these without the 3A part when my dosing container needs a refill unless I learn otherwise.
So this is one mans answer and a response to bump the thread.

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would dose alkalinity solution in place of 3B. Then when the shipment arrives do a water test.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Julian@Triton,

I have had two containers of 3B for a while now, due to a spill of two containers of freshly made 3A solution. I also thought there is/was a difference, but I have recently read posts from Julian that said 3A and 3B are the same.
I am of the understanding that this has been the case all along and why they can be mixed.

I fully intend to mix and use these without the 3A part when my dosing container needs a refill unless I learn otherwise.
So this is one mans answer and a response to bump the thread.
You can mix them as they are now the same. Originally they were slightly different but this is no longer the case. Mix away :)

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so in theory i can just increase the dose of 3a until the new jug arrives? Or should I just manually dose on top of what I currently have set on the doser

Yes. Double dose 3a to maintain all your levels.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back